My views

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
Freakymist

Post by Freakymist » Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:38 pm

not trying to stir up trouble doom but I have to do this:

I have very strong views about profanity, Here in America (well for the american members here) we are suppose to have freedom of speech. Yet everyday we censor our selves by not saying certain words. I know some words like (I'm going to by pass the word filter just in the post for my examples)
n-I-g-e-r can really offend someone but I don't think it should be a taboo. Basically what I am saying is that I believe in COMPLETE freedom of speech. And I'm against the idea of a word filter! (notice when I was an admin there was no word filter).

<_<

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Sep 07, 2003 2:02 pm

The word filter is only there because some people abused their right by cursing every other word. This forum is mostly for people under 18, and some people parents my not want their children seeing those words. I personally wouldn't care about the word filter. if people didn't abuse it. You could just use similar words and I wouldn't care. Like instead of saying d*a*m*n you could say darn.

Freakymist

Post by Freakymist » Sun Sep 07, 2003 2:06 pm

you just proved my point exactly some parents want to censor thier children! Now I understand this is a forum for kids so parents could get pretty pissed. But this does not change my views at all -_-

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Sep 07, 2003 2:15 pm

That's what I was saying because that's what I meant. I don't want to get in any trouble with anyone because I didn't censor something that someone may have not wanted them to see. The word filter mainly is here because of one member named sniper. I don't really want to ban him, so neobird had the idea of making a read only access group. I also banned his email address so he will have to at least get another one to join again. If profanity is not a problem, I'll remove the word filter except for the spelling mistakes part because that makes some people's spelling better.

shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker » Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:42 pm

agreed :)
"------------------!No OnE LeAvEs DrY!----------------"

My Arsenal
Agenst T.C.P.A.
Say No!
Defending Freedom in the Digital World

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:56 pm

MY views: I'm all for cursing like drunken sailors. but I don't really care if we can't.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.