SSCentral members age groups

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:07 am

A provisional license doesn't have that bad restrictions [Why would you ever need to drive at 3 in the morning?]
The driver's licenses are distributed by each state, so it varies from state to state how strict or not a state is. Maryland seems quite strict about its licensing system. In Maryland, if you have a provisional, you can't drive from 12 am to 5 am unless it is an emergency (hospital visit or other excuse). For the first five months, you can't drive someone that is under 21 and not a direct (immediate) family member. If you do have someone that is 21 or over, you can drive anywhere at anytime with anyone. Also, if you get one moving violation, you have to take driver's ed all over again. That seems pretty strict to me. The biggest problem to me is the zero tolerance policy, but it does scare people into being safe while driving.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

DX

Post by DX » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:35 am

New Jersey does what I mentioned earlier for a provisional. It is not very strict compared to some other states, but I think it's pretty strict. I don't even have a provisional yet, though, so I'm not concerned about that for the time being. I've waited for no reason really, one of the only people who will be turning 17 very soon and hasn't so much as gotten their permit yet. Main reason is that there's nowhere to practice, and I would rather get some practice in before taking Behind the Wheel and the Road Test. This town is so over-congested that practicing isn't great, and empty parking lots aren't much of a subsitution for real driving situations. I was going to practice during my trips in New England, but the rain was so bad that I decided not to.

One of my friends already has a provisional and a car, being one year younger than I am and due to my wait plus the different age requirements in MA vs NJ.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Flannel

Post by Flannel » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:59 am

18. 19 in July.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:24 pm

I'm 15 and a half, July 1st I turn 16. My parents are saying that I can drive whenever I want, and that it would cost such and such amount of money insurance for ME (:mad :) but I don't think it's worth it. I would prefer to spend the $800 a year on something that I would use. A license would only make it more convenient for them, not me, as everywhere I currently go my parents just take me. My having a license would mean they would spend less time driving, like when I drive to the store or such. So I'll wait to get a license until they are willing to pay the insurance.
Last edited by Hannibal on Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EV Nova: - http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/
"A CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!" *Takes 'em home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.* -"snap!"- "A Max-D trigger!""

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:57 pm

I'm currently seventeen, and will become eighteen on the ninth of november.

And I didn't use one number key.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue May 02, 2006 8:49 pm

I'm 14. I don't think there was much need to post this, but since everybody else has, maybe it's okay.

Maybe we should just post our birth years. That way, you have to do less math to find out the age of people in the current year. Yes, it's not that hard, but still :rolleyes: ...

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:43 am

Fine, as silentguy has suggested, I'm posting my DOB.

9/11/1988

^ That's the UK date form dd/mm/yyyy - so the ninth of november as the post two above says - not the 11th of september.

On my first birthday, the berlin wall was torn down. Lots of important historical events have occured on the 9th of nov. Mostly to do with the second world war in one way or another.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:12 pm

And it would be equally appropriate for me to post my own birthyear now...1991. Let me just say that I was born two days before m15399...

Alberio-Zomada

Post by Alberio-Zomada » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:57 pm

Well this is funny, im actually 14...well just turned (may 6, sorry ben it says im 16 because my friend made this account and gave it to me...any way im 14 but it seems no one lives near me...(i have no to friends to have a WW with)
well cheers, Alberio
SUPER SOAKER! Damn i stepped in a puddle...
IM BACK! and im ready to set some tut's up! IS SSC READY FOR WATER GRENAIDES?

The Stealthy Panda

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:41 pm

RacerSoaker445 wrote:I take English. :)
I failed English. :( * ** But that doesn't matter. Nothing really matters... until next school year, when I'll be in High School. I'm 14, 15 on 1/1/08.
*I go to PVPA, which is, ironically, very academically rigorous. You have to turn in 80% of your work on time. I may have an IQ of 135, but I also have ADHD, which--hey, look a paper clip.
**Why don't the :( and :0 smilies work on my computer? Is it some software I don't have? Or do they not exist? :confused:
Hail Reeen! (Reeen is not a typo)

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:38 am

Those smilies just don't exist. The only ones, as far as I know, are in the editing page. Looks like you need the letter "o" and not the number "0", too, but it still shouldn't load any image.

solar00

Post by solar00 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:04 am

Ooops, :eek:

I guess i'm extremely old compared to the average age on this forum, so telling that i'm >21 should be enough.

I my highschool period there were only simple squirt guns and piston pressure guns.
When the first CPS's appear in the stores i already was too old for it.(i thought) althought i wanted to buy them because of their size.

But years later i decided i had to make up for this and started the search for CPS guns (after i bought a CPS2100 just for fun).
Last edited by solar00 on Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently owned: Max-D 3000, CPS2100, CPS4100, 2x CPS2500, 2x MonsterXL, Monster X, CPS2000 mkII, CPS3000

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:08 am

Right now I'm 17, I can't belive I didn't post that on my birthday
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Specter

Post by Specter » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:44 am

im 16. going to be 17 in nobember. im probably around average age of people on here...
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

Fire-Water

Post by Fire-Water » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:00 pm

I'm fifteen now, sixteen in September. I probably need to get a job, instead of talking about water guns on the internet. ;)
Red is the color of fire...

~Fire-Water