The Ubiquitous Music Topic

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
superstormer

Post by superstormer » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:42 pm

Originally posted by Burnerboy@Jul 14 2004, 07:21 PM
:angry: Hip hop is goooddddd :D And if you had ever watched paint dry then you would have to go to the mmorg form being bored to death, some eminem, ushere, and outcast, jet, Especially weird al Yankovic, he is the bomb. :Hey, that's funny.:
Usher makes me want to stick my head in hot wax. :blink:

And I've never hear the term "mall punk." Stop making stuff up and do something productive. :Hey, that's funny.: :angry: :P

I cannot stand R&B. I would rather watch paint dry then listen to the XPBackfire-esque.

I have to agree with you on that one!

I like Nirvana, Hoobastank, JimmyEatWorld (a few of their songs), Disturbed, Stained, Taking Back Sunday, Breaking Benjamin, and some of The White Stripes and the Eagles. Nirvana is my favorite band that I've listened to so far. I also like a bunch of other stuff, but I just can't think of it right now.
You have good musical taste. B)
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:22 pm

Heh, I almost can't listen to Nirvana anymore because I've heard most all of their music. I read most of CAYA too, I was a really big fan. I also am afraid that whenever the unreleased XPBackfire-esque comes out (if Courtney would let it) I would have heard most of it already because I used to be big on Nirvana bootlegs. <_<

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:21 pm

What's CAYA?
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:40 pm

A book called Come As You Are. It was written before Kurt died, but there was a second edition with stuff about Kurt after he died. It basically is the story of Nirvana.

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:25 am

Come As You Are is my favorite Nirvana song. :)

yeahyeah

Post by yeahyeah » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:12 pm

I listen to AFI and Velvet Revolver

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:09 pm

Yeah! go Velvet Revolver! Latley I've been listening to older 80's and 90's stuff like Filter, The Offspring, Suicidal Tendincies, Guns n' Roses, and The Smashing Pumpkins. Also I like the song "Take Me Out" by Franz Ferdinand (new band from Scotland)
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Razor

Post by Razor » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:48 pm

Hmm...

I listen to all kinds of rock music from AC/DC, to Anti Nowhere League, to Black Sabbath, to Bon Jovi, to Clutch, to Coal Chamber, to Disturbed, to Drowning Pool, to E.Town Concrete, to Electrum, to Evanescence, to Godsmack, to Gravity Kills, to Green Day, to Guns N' Roses, to Korn, to Linkin Park, to Marlyn Mansion, to Megadeth, to Megaherz, to Metallica, to Mick Jagger, to Nine Inch Nails, to Nirvana, to Opeth, to Ozzy, to Pantera, to Propellerheads, to Queen, to Rage Against The Machine, to Rammstein, to Rancid, to Rob Zombie, to Seether, to Sevendust, to SlipKnot, to Sloth, to SpineShank to Sugar Ray, to The Offspring, to Three Doors Down, to Twisted Method, to White Zombie, to ZZTop

What can I say? I love my rock music. :D

EDIT: I forgot to list System Of A Down, Nightwish, Tool, Lacuna Coil, Schweisser, Velvet Revolver, Pillar, and LostProphets. :P

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:53 pm

I just bought the Essential Byrds today. I listened to one my dad's Byrds LPs (it was Fifth Dimension if you need to know) and liked what I heard a lot. I never realized that most of the Byrds had completely changed over their short career. Only one of the original members lasted through their entire career! Strange, but still great music.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:52 am

I've been listening to Rage Against the Machine lately. It's too bad they broke up. Rage had awesome music with some of the best lyrics I've ever heard. I also think they had some of the best pit music too. List of great songs by RATM: Freedome, Wake up, Killing in the name of, Renegades of funk, know your enemy, Bulls on parade, sleep now in the fire, calm like a bomb, people of the sun, no shelter, guerilla radio, and testify. I'm just speaking my mind.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:02 pm

Rage Against the Machine is my favorite band ever. My favorites are the songs from the first album such as Freedom, Bullet in the Head, and Killing in the Name. The last works were just covers but they were all good as well. My favorite single cover song is The Ghost of Tom Joad. Audioslave is pretty decent but they'll never be as good as RATM. The lead singer did a few songs with the Roots and theyre pretty good. You should check out the Imperial Death March RATM style/ B)

Razor

Post by Razor » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:49 am

Rage is an awesome band. My favorite songs from them are: Guerilla Radio, Know Your Enemy, Bulls On Parade, Sleep Now In The Fire, Born Of A Broken Man, Wake Up, and Renegades Of Funk.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:14 am

I don't like Audioslave as much as Rage. They're songs are too mushy for the potential of the musicians. I like the more in your face attempt by Rage. I also like their political views placed in their lyrics. All in all Audioslave is an ok band, but I like Rage is MUCH better.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:54 pm

That avatar is cool. The cover of the 1992 album. I have all the albums but the first and last ones are my favorite.

Freedom and Wake Up has awesome guitar solos.

Audioslave is more soft rock and the music is softer and just not as good. :(

Razor

Post by Razor » Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:39 pm

I only like Rage Against The Machine when I have the energy to listen to them (Caffiene & Rage = Good Combo). Otherwise, it just gives me a headache.

Anyway...

Metallica - Better Than You (reminded of by superstormer's title). :P

EDIT: Lately, I've been listening to more progressive rock like Tool, and Soundgarden.