The Ubiquitous Music Topic

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:25 pm

I bought the Velvet Revelover CD today. It's awesome I find it different from anything I've listened to lately.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Winston Churchill

Post by Winston Churchill » Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:12 am

Wow, all this talk has made me feel old. I listen to bands like Boston, Kansas, Journey, Led zeppelin, doobies, etc. But my abosolute favorite has to be Rod Stewart.

I don't see how you can hate any music (with a few exceptions. but not liking an enitre genre is ignorant) Good music is good music. nuff said.
<span style='font-family :O ptima'>"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."

"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job."
Sir Winston Churchill

Kurayamino101

Post by Kurayamino101 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:08 am

I enjoy orchestral music. Not neccessarily old classical in general, I like some of those too, but also contemporary classical, such as movie scores.
I don't really like rap, and almost all of my friends listen to it(and I tend to enjoy hanging out with the ones that don't listen to rap). I can tolerate though, but only to a certain limit.

Oh, and I am currently listening to the Metal Gear Solid 2 theme. It's such a good song, especially near the end.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:06 pm

Originally posted by Winston Churchill@Jul 1 2004, 01:12 AM
Wow, all this talk has made me feel old. I listen to bands like Boston, Kansas, Journey, Led zeppelin, doobies, etc. But my abosolute favorite has to be Rod Stewart.

I don't see how you can hate any music (with a few exceptions. but not liking an enitre genre is ignorant) Good music is good music. nuff said.
You're not that old, I listen to most of my dad's record collection. The Beatles, The Replacements (not really that old though), Simon and Garfunkle, the Byrds, Led Zepplin, the list goes on. Good music is timeless.

Winston Churchill

Post by Winston Churchill » Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:02 am

Wait wait wait, do you realize what you just said? You said DAD'S music collection. :(
<span style='font-family :O ptima'>"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."

"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job."
Sir Winston Churchill

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:51 pm

Velvet Revolver's band members are the drummer, bass, and guitar from Guns n' Roses. Their singer, Scott Weiland is from Stone Temple Pilots (awesome band by the way) and their second guitarist was a part of numerous metal bands. I have to tell ya, they make a heck of a combination!
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:49 am

Hip-Hop is a genre of music, and rap is just like talking with a beat. Lots of rock songs have "rap" in them.

As for me, I like Rage Against the Machine, Linkin Park, Blink 182 and New Found Glory.

I like some Hip-Hop like the Beastie Boys and Eminem,(when I told my friends that they were like "racist you hate black people!" its just repetive beats and all they ever talk about is like drugs and the videos look exactly the same to me.

I cannot stand R&B. I would rather watch paint dry then listen to the XPBackfire-esque.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:28 am

My tastes include blues and some older rock. R&B in its present incarnation I can't stand: the original R&B (I.e. 1950s) I like very much. B)

By the way, how many people here know what R&B stands for? Too many people over where I live have the wrong idea...
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:22 pm

I always thought it was Rhythm and Blues. I guess I might be wrong because I'm no expert at that.

onlydecoppi1991

Post by onlydecoppi1991 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:26 pm

I listen to Billy Talent, Lincon(not spelled right) park, The Darkness, and others I forgot. :P
"If war is what your looking for, I know where you can find it... ya go to the corner of May St. and go inside Wars R Us."
-me

"A country cannot simultaneously prepare and prevent war."
-Albert Einstein

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" -Gandhi

Armory= Blazer, Vaporizer, 2003

Storm

Post by Storm » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:04 pm

Xtreme Days - TM
Storm

Freakymist

Post by Freakymist » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:13 am

Originally posted by superstormer@Jul 7 2004, 07:49 PM
Hip-Hop is a genre of music, and rap is just like talking with a beat. Lots of rock songs have "rap" in them.

As for me, I like Rage Against the Machine, Linkin Park, Blink 182 and New Found Glory.

I like some Hip-Hop like the Beastie Boys and Eminem,(when I told my friends that they were like "racist you hate black people!" its just repetive beats and all they ever talk about is like drugs and the videos look exactly the same to me.

I cannot stand R&B. I would rather watch paint dry then listen to the XPBackfire-esque.
This coming from a guy who listens to mall punk? :Hey, that's funny.:

Burnerboy

Post by Burnerboy » Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:21 am

:angry: Hip hop is goooddddd :D And if you had ever watched paint dry then you would have to go to the mmorg form being bored to death, some eminem, ushere, and outcast, jet, Especially weird al Yankovic, he is the bomb. :Hey, that's funny.:
Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes, that way when you criticize them your a mile away, and you have thier shoes-- someone.

Arsenal:
2x Cps 2100
1x Storm Typhoon force 2
1x Storm 650
1x Stream Machine

I dont have much but i dont use super soakers for my hobbie.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:37 am

Jet rocks.
I don't check this forum anymore.

revengeofline

Post by revengeofline » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:23 am

I have to agree with you on that one!

I like Nirvana, Hoobastank, JimmyEatWorld (a few of their songs), Disturbed, Stained, Taking Back Sunday, Breaking Benjamin, and some of The White Stripes and the Eagles. Nirvana is my favorite band that I've listened to so far. I also like a bunch of other stuff, but I just can't think of it right now. ^_^