The Ubiquitous Music Topic

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Tue May 03, 2005 8:27 pm

To be honest, I don't like rap either. In my mind, rap is rubbish and worthless. I am trying to look for more older Duran Duran CD's. I like to get ones that were recorded live, but I have to buy them off eBay. Its worth it though. :P

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue May 03, 2005 8:38 pm

Originally posted by MilkMan@May 3 2005, 08:23 PM
I don't like most rap but some of it's okay. I just got The Best Of Queen CD. Queen is really good, I've been listening to them for awhile.
[snapback]24467[/snapback]

Queen are excellent. They're not my favourite band, but I do enjoy listening to them. It also appeals to a wide age group (in my experience), so it's good for finding common ground in music with people!

And no, I'm afraid I'm not a fan of rap either.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Tue May 03, 2005 9:06 pm

It's mostly rap of the late 90's through to this year that is not that great. Call me strange, but early gangster rap of the early 90's and early hip hop from the 70's is quite good. Rap and hip hop artists have changed the style of rap and hip hop to a very sexual and pointless type of music. The whole reason for this is record labels that are trying to create pop culture bands, artists, rapers, and any other type of music that is out there.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed May 04, 2005 10:40 pm

Attention all Beatles fans!

I have found an incredible website for analysis' of the Beatles' songs. This in combination with the book "Beatles: The Complete Scores" that I have make the best possible understanding of the songs of the Beatles you can get without being a Beatle.

Makes me want to take Music Theory. B)

Storm

Post by Storm » Thu May 05, 2005 4:32 pm

All winter, I've been listening to mainly Jimi Hendrix.

Even learned to play Purple Haze on guitar :)
Storm

soakup

Post by soakup » Sat May 07, 2005 12:06 am

I feel that the eaarly gangsta rap was good but modern rap is true gangsta, plus the sexual themes make them like better.
sponge+James Collins+ water=soakup

JonsterM

Post by JonsterM » Fri May 13, 2005 7:20 pm

For my first post, I am going to say I'm listening to 'Ghost of a good thing' by Dashboard Confessional.

Jon.

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Thu May 19, 2005 3:28 pm

Why don't you guys try some Megaman music. Go to http://www.protoman.com. They've got almost every song from almost every megaman game!
Although it is peacful and a beautiful place being among the stars, there is danger lurking in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for

- Captain Ivan Reilly,
IGA Intrepid
During conclusion speeches of the Xidian Wars

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Fri May 20, 2005 8:55 pm

Duran Duran - Union of the Snake {Live Verona 2005}

I am so addicted to listening to this one now. :Hey, that's funny.: It just totally makes me want to be there. :Hey, that's funny.:

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu May 26, 2005 4:42 am

Sex Pistols are the best Punk band ever hands down.

Sex Pistols - Anarchy in the UK
Sex Pistols - God Save the Queen
Sex Pistols - Holiday in the Sun
Sex Pistols - My Way
Sex Pistols - Submission

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu May 26, 2005 11:52 am

Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
Mark Knoplfer - Knockin' On Heaven's Door

That last one was a cover of a Bob Dylan song that he did for a Dunblane album, just after the tragedy...anyone remember that?
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

death angel

Post by death angel » Tue May 31, 2005 12:45 am

19-2000 - Gorillaz
Chameleon - Herbie Hancock
I have some weird preferences, for example, I really like jazz and funk.
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

DX

Post by DX » Tue May 31, 2005 1:14 am

I wouldn't mention Limewire on a public forum. You never know where the RIAA might be lurking.

Recently I've been listening to Led Zeppelin, Breaking Benjamin, movie themes by Hans Zimmer, and German death metal [Rammstein], which is quite interesting. :blink:
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:35 pm

I wouldn't mention Limewire on a public forum. You never know where the RIAA might be lurking.
I think that's a bit too paranoid^^. Still listening to Queen. I also listen to Jazz sometimes. It's kinda nice but it's not the same as Rock. I've also got two Led Zepplen CDs and a record. Got lot's of other Classic Rock records. My Dad's British so that's where they all come from. I actually just went to England last Spring Vacation.
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:57 pm

I've been trying to get my parents to buy me Paul Van Dyk's Out there and Back album, I absolutely LOVE trance music. So energentic.

I've been listening to Moby's single of the Jame Bond Theme lately, it's a very good rendition which was used in the newest movie, Tomorrow Never Dies.
I don't check this forum anymore.