Lefty or Righty?

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.

Are you a righty or lefty?

I'm a righty!
64%
I'm a lefty!
18%
I'm ambidexterous!
11%
I don't know, I've used the computer for too long to know!
7%

Total votes: 45

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:52 pm

I was sure I had posted in this topic - *confused*

I am right handed, but left eyed - which can be inconvient when shooting at cadets (It's easier when both are the same - in general you should opt for the side of the eye - I can't).

Despite this disadvantage, I am still a very good shot (3rd or 4th on average in the detachment I believe - I hold the record for the single round of best shooting though.)

I am unable to write or shoot left handed - it just feels "wrong".
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:07 pm

joannaardway wrote:I was sure I had posted in this topic - *confused*
There's another similar topic on which is your firing arm - I believe you posted in that one. ;)
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:59 pm

Ok then. I wasn't aware of the two different topics.

I regularly think I have posted something when I haven't - because I've closed the window or something.

Two different topics hasn't helped.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

sogoie

Post by sogoie » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:05 am

i use my right hand. I am working on being able to hold up a flashflood fully loaded and pressurized with one hand

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:23 pm

A flashflood single handed? Could be useful.

The FF looks quite well balanced due to the underslung reservior, and I know that your Arctic shock is well balanced, so it should be quite easy to dual wield the pair, but small PCs may be your downfall there.

However, I can dual wield a fully loaded CPS 2700 (admittedly it has been modified to make this easier) and Triple Aggressor (which is not well balanced at all, particularly with the external pressure tank I have added) and hit seperate targets at the same time.

dr_spock

Post by dr_spock » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:55 am

I can pump two Triple Shots by squeezing them between my legs or under my arm pits. It is not easy but it is fun shooting with 2 guns at the same time.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:19 pm

Okay, I'm a righty...like everybody, I want to be ambi (that's right, it's ambi, not amby)...but I voted for the fourth option because it just seemed to cool to pass up :rolleyes: .

@ Spinner: You do have a good point about the reducing number of righties.

@ Crashdummy: Why did you use an angry face after your positive comment about the XP 310's pressure gauge :rolleyes: ? Strange...

@ everybody: What a pointless topic...even the "FINAL FAVORITE COLO(U)R POLL," which I believe should have been "FAVO(U)RITE" :p , was better--it allowed me to do my pro-choice rant :D .
EDIT: Oh yeah, this is the Off Topic forum, isn't it?

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:19 am

Because, it is a little bit hard to see the pressure gauge when it is on the opposite side. I need to either hold it funny or pump it like a righty to be able to see the gauge, and that would get annoying after a while. :p

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:49 pm

Well, I write with my left hand, but can for the most part shoot anything from a pistol to a shotgun with either hand...(for some reason I can hit a target with a .357 revolver better with my left, but with a 9mm compact I'm better with my right :confused :) so I dunno.

Origin

Post by Origin » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:27 pm

I'm right handed, it would be nice if I were ambidextrous though.

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:44 pm

I don't know, ambidextrous people aren't looking so lucky anymore. I know somebody who writes with his right, shoots basketballs with his left, bowls with his right, etc....

kylemw9

Post by kylemw9 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:55 am

Let's see I'm really weird I write with my left hand kick a soccer ball with my right leg I'm left eyed for super soakers I pump with my left but in airsoft I fire with my left. Whats wrong with me?