Wtf?

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:37 am

Lots of people are talking about the copyrights of this site, what do they actually cover?

If you contributed anything and it was copyrighted by anyone else then you have no real rights to it (except for those given to you by the copyright owner).

Someone will probably say that I'm trying to act like a legal advisor but I'm just giving impartial advise which no-one has to accept or take any notice of.

I'm impartial because I don't know what the Hasbro HQ this is all about except that Blaze, Bluesmudges and Storms site is down (which is a shame because I thought it was a really good site).
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Storm

Post by Storm » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:59 am

I'd be willing to join your site again Blaze. It appears you have quite a few fans of your (or our [Blaze,Storm,Smudge] , w/e you like to call it) site so it would be nice if you could get it up again.
Also I'm not exactly sure what Doom thinks of all this, but I was talking to him earlier about the topic and from what I heard I was pretty sure he didn't care all that much about Blaze's copying the aph (although blaze's is a little different).

I think you should just drop the fight hyper. I can imagine you'd make more friends if you were to just say sorry to Blaze, (even me for taking away my partner).
Storm

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:19 am

Please put your site back up, Blaze! It was pretty cool. Besides, I enjoyed the movies you had.

Stop stopping other people's websites, Hyper!
Rereading these forums make me feel old >.<

Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:01 pm

my nextdoor neihbor is a laywer and I asked him about this. Blaze, the only way that you could get in trouble with the law is that Hyper9 has PROOF that your site has a copyright in it. He is also nothing but A MEMBER on SSC, and no more. Therefor, only Doom or Freakymist have the power to say you copyrighted something on this site. And since Freakymist is on Blaze's side, you are a screwed up little idiot.

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:05 pm

A little hard to understand, but very true, also there would only be trouble if the person who owned the copyright pressed charges.

Edit: I'm not taking sides here, I don't even know who my statements are backing up.
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Freakymist

Post by Freakymist » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:26 pm

pa series: oh and hyper seems to think for disrespecting him some of the members are going to get banned/ro/suspended

pa series: I promised the members I would talk to you about this before hyper twist and
turns the story

NeXuSmOnKeY: how old is that boy

pa series: hyper?

NeXuSmOnKeY: yeah

pa series: right now he seems like he's 10

NeXuSmOnKeY: I know

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:11 pm

Alright, don't take anything from anyone's mouth other than mine (and mist/neo) from now on. If I had done this (and 90% of the time I really don't care), all I would have done was contact the host. It's silly to take someone to court over that when there is a simpler way to get rid of the content. Anyway, Hyper you're not staff (and therefore have no rights over the content), I did agree with you that we should do something about the copyrights but if anything I should have done it myself. I would have only reccommended that he takes down/changes what violates and if he doesn't I'd contact the host.
SSCentral © 2003 SSCentral Staff and contributors.
By this I meant that the articles are owned by who made them. My articles are owned by me, if blaze was violating my copyrights and intelectual property I should be the one to inform him.
and all Doom's and especially Hyper's prejedous towards blaze
I never did anything or even though he was that bad! I talk to him all the time on AIM! Anything I said that was negative about his site really was sarcasm. I did wish that he was a little more original when it came to content, but there was some creative stuff like the WBL and the videos, it wasn't that bad.

Topic locked because it's just a repeat of the other one.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:57 pm

I'm the kinda guy who has to get his 2 cents in - here it is. Hyper, you have no idea. Legally, Mist still owns the hosting. He's a phone call away from taking SSC down. My suggestion? Shut the Hasbro HQ up and let the people with power handle things.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.