N-Strike Longshot

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
atvan

N-Strike Longshot

Post by atvan » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:57 am

How much do you think a yellow nerf longshot would be worth to a potential modder like me? I have access possibly to one with a FG minus the handle, and 1 opaque clip/mag, and 1 or 2 clearish clip/mags. The main gun works, the FG works. The FG handle is the only missing part other than 3 of the streamlines, which can be bought easily. So, what do you think the worth is? I want to do some mods, then maybe an integration (FG and/or Mav).
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

atvan

Re: N-Strike Longshot

Post by atvan » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:45 am

Nothing?

It is 4 taps- shift+$+tens+ones. (and then the other 7 characters required for a post)

Thanks!
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:08 pm

I've heard of spring mods and even an air pressure mod for one of these, with 2" PVC pipe and a ball valve. It isn't apparantly too hard to mod this nerf gun, and has decent range already, so any mod would be more worthwhile. A vortex nerf gun has more range as standard, but may be harder to mod (more complex firing mech?). As far as I can tell, It's not a bad place to start if modding is on the agenda (obviously it depends on what kind of mod you were thinking of though!).
The Revolution Will NOT Be Dry!

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:31 am

Thinking AR, spring, sodizze's CPVC clip accepting breach, FG integration, possible mav integration, in that order.
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:46 am

An unmodded LS with FG in yellow, three clips, and some odd number of streamlines? Maybe around $25 or so, mostly because of the fact that the handle of the FG is missing.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:49 pm

I'll start at ten… :p

Streamlines are easy to get, and was gonna stefan mod it anyway. The person I'm buying from never uses iy and doesn't think too much of it. For the handle, i can come up with something, NF or Mav. The FG actually works by letting the pump thing slam forward, but thhe trigger connector thing seems to be intact.
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:55 pm

Whoops, didnt mean to put a 2 there. Guess I'm slipping or something. I was gonna say $15.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.