Vindicator mods?

Threads about water gun modifications.
Curt

Vindicator mods?

Post by Curt » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:42 am

Has anyone tried modding the vindicator yet?
I was thinking about K-modding it but I don,t want to ruin the gun.
Also does anyone know any other good mods for it?

Major McMan

Re: Vindicator mods?

Post by Major McMan » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:14 pm

Well, I don't know too much about mods or the Vindicator, but you could try nozzle drilling, resovoir expansion, or pressure relief valve removal. Those are likely the only mods the Vindicator could take without having to destroy the resovoir. :)
Cthulhu fhtgan..

My armory: XP 150, XP 220, stripped-down XP 70, Max-D 3000, FF ,Monster '01

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:31 pm

Removing the PRV won't increase the power. It may, however, be needed to allow the gun to pressurise if you do a heavy k-mod.

I would advise against it however. The Vindicator's design means that without a PRV, the pressure in the chamber could be transferred to the reservoir, which may not be designed to take any pressure at all.

You are right that k-mod/collossussing is likely to involve cutting open the reservoir. Unlike in most elastic pressure guns, you will need to find a way to put it back together watertight.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:24 pm

Cantab, the PC is more likely to burst than push onto the reservoir and damage it in the case of a PRV removal and over-pumping.

From the appearance of the internal pics at iSc, it appears that you can simply take off the reservoir without having to damage anything. The PC should then fit through the opening in the reservoir when removing it. Or you could try taking out those screws that go around it, I'm not sure.