Modding The Flash Flood

Threads about water gun modifications.
Chernobyl

Modding The Flash Flood

Post by Chernobyl » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:24 am

Hi I'm new to super soakers and I just got the flash flood and the arctic shock and this is the first time I'm modding a gun so any tips and help would be appreciated.

Teh Moron

Re: Modding The Flash Flood

Post by Teh Moron » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:20 am

Do the Arctic Shock first to get a taste, open it up, go slow, be careful not to strip screws.

Good luck!

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:27 am

Not much we can say, but read the guides, the FAQ, and dive in! Teh Moron brings up some good tips, too.

Also, I generally tape each screw to the plastic shell right next to the hole it belongs to, killing the possibility of losing them later.

cantab

Post by cantab » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:51 am

I draw a rough outline of the gun on a piece of paper and tape the screws to that.

I don't know if there's much you can do with the Arctic Shock. The Flash Flood, however, has a variety of possible mods.

Colossus to increase power, at the cost of risking breakage.
PC case enlargement to increase shot time, at the cost of a bigger gun.
Drill the small nozzle, to increase soakage and maybe range, at the cost of reduced shot time.
Make the flood nozzle accept threaded nozzles, for a diversity of powerful nozzles, at the cost of needing two hands to use them. You could fit the laminator for even better results, http://www.sscentral.org/homemade/lam.html
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Teh Moron

Post by Teh Moron » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:47 pm

drill the small nozzle to about 1/8", this will give you approximately 5x soakage (depending on your gun). if you don't want 5x, just work your way down 2 steps. 5x is a good size for the flash flood due to its near 400mL PC, and the fact a CPS 2100 uses 5x and has a ~500mL PC. Not far off, but you might want shot time.

You'll get about 2 seconds of shot time which is comparable to the old CPS line.

Your choice, honestly, but if you want to experiment, go small and work your way up

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:43 am

Or even better: a multi-nozzle modification to the Flash Flood nozzle. I know it's been done at least once, but I can't seem to find the evidence.

A multi-nozzle mod could also work for the regular nozzle, and it would let you use the normal trigger. Unfortunately, you'd have to limit the size of the aperture a bit, but in this case that's not a problem.