XXP 275

Threads about water gun modifications.
Daniel

XXP 275

Post by Daniel » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:06 pm

Hello again.

I have not been able to post for awhile because there was something up with the computer. Anyway I got a XXP 275 from ebay and I was thinking of plugging one of the nozzles but im not sure which one or the best way to do it. could anyone suggest the best way to do it and which nozzle to plug, if possible i would prefere if it was undo-able if thats a word.
Just an answer for a question that might be asked. I bought the XXP 275 because for some reason i just like it, im not deterred by the trigger location or the fact its just an xp at all, infact its actually a good thing for me as the water guns we use are all about XP level so it'll fit in just fine right now.

cantab

Re: XXP 275

Post by cantab » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:11 pm

Try just having the nozzle selector set not on any nozzle first. If that doesn't work (eg water sprays out the side), then pick your least-favourite nozzle and hot-glue it. It's usually fairly easy to remove hot glue.

As for which nozzle to plug - play a battle with it stock and decide. I'd guess it'd be a fan or shower one though, it's difficult to see wanting two of those together.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Daniel

Post by Daniel » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:19 pm

When it comes i'll try. how do you remove hot glue?
Thanks for the replie.

cantab

Post by cantab » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:23 pm

You should just be able to prise it off, it doesn't tend to stick to the surface very strongly. Might be better to wait for someone else on the forums to confirm that though. I've never actually sought to remove it from plastic.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:46 pm

If you want a reliable nozzle plug-up, use epoxy. However, to undo that, you'll have to drill it, which won't be as good as if you didn't do anything in the first place. Hot glue would otherwise be a good idea. The glue won't spread into the nozzle, just around it (provided that you plug up a small nozzle), so you can easily remove it with even your fingers. You can also burn the glue off with the glue gun, but that tends to be sloppy and can damage the plastic if you're not careful.

Another solution is to duct tape the nozzle. Don't expect it to last too long though.

Go with Cantab's solution; plug up one of the nozzles on the selector. If that doesn't work, you'll have to take off the selector and plug the de-nozzled area, but be very careful that the O-ring there doesn't get damaged, unless you don't plan on using the nozzles ever again on that barrel.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:02 am

I'd go with epoxy in one of the useless nozzles, too. Unlike the Monster XL, this soaker doesn't come with a plug on one of the nozzle selectors (see these pictures).