XP 110 trouble

Threads about water gun modifications.
Quantum_nerfer

XP 110 trouble

Post by Quantum_nerfer » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:40 am

Hey guys this is my first post and I'm from Nerfhq because I mod Nerf guns in my free time, I have found various rare Larami super soakers from thrift stores and never bought them until now... I got an xp 110 and was thinking about converting it to fire nerf darts but it took to many pumps. I would love a mod for it or the Xtra Power series in general. Thanks.

SSCBen

Re: XP 110 trouble

Post by SSCBen » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:07 pm

Welcome to SSC!

Converting Super Soakers to fire Nerf darts is a bad idea. While they'll be fairly powerful, they'll also be horribly inefficient. I'd suggest modifying a Nerf gun rather than a water gun for that reason.

Visiting our FAQ, clicking on top 30 most asked questions and looking at question #3, you have your answer. The general modifications list is essentially all you can do. And of the separate pressurized chamber modifications, only PC expansion really is worthwhile, and it's not that worthwhile. I'd personally keep the XP 110 as is because there's no real room for improvement.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:38 pm

The XP 110 is one of my favourite blasters. It certainly isn't perfect, but it's got a nice feel to it. I wouldn't recommend making any major changes to it.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Quantum_nerfer

Post by Quantum_nerfer » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:31 pm

Thanks for that link, I just put on a male adapter but it leaks out of the barrel right now is there anyway to fix this? I've heard of using solid lubricant but have never seen that in stores.
Last edited by Quantum_nerfer on Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

venom213

Post by venom213 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:27 am

Funny, I see this just as I took apart my broken XP110 a few days ago to convert it into a nerf gun. http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15281 There is a some info on what I did (scroll down a bit to see my post). I'm not completely against converted super soakers obviously. I converted a MAX D 2000 during the summer and got decent performance. Just an hour ago I was working on making a MAX D 3000 into a legit nerf gun. The key is to replace the pump with one that has a much higher air output. I get my pumps at Wal-Mart for $5 each.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:47 am

If you can get sufficient pressure, a larger pump is the smartest thing to do. These pressure chambers are huge, and because air is compressible (unlike water, for all intents and purposes), you'd have to do a lot of pumping with the original pump.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:11 pm

The XP valves are essentially the same as the AirTech and SuperMaxx series' valves. That's probably because Larami was the company behind both the XP series and SuperMaxx series. So the valves definitely are good, but the air volume is way too huge. You'd be better off reducing the pressure chamber volume than increasing the pump size. Either should work, however.

Teh Moron

Post by Teh Moron » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:42 am

I think you should block the pressure chamber with a rubber plug and keep the pressure confined to the tubes. That should get you a good balance between volume (air is a very compressible fluid) and available pressure (you'll have to pump less to get the same pressure).

Though I'm not sure if this is the best idea. Go buy a nerf gun if you want to play with foam ammunition, and a water gun if you want to play with liquids.