Reliability Modifications for CPS 1500

Threads about water gun modifications.
SSCBen

Re: Reliability Modifications for CPS 1500

Post by SSCBen » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:40 am

Attached is a simple drawing illustrating my method.

The image on the left shows the crack (light grey line) on the edge of the valve with some reinforcing metal strips that'll keep the crack closed. The crack spot shown is a likely place for the crack to develop. The metal strips should be a little longer than shown to go well over the crack. The area of the crack and the metal strips should be sanded on the inside and outside until they are rough with coarse sandpaper.

The image on the right shows a cross section of the corner of the valve. Epoxy putty is put onto the inside and outside of the crack. This should make the repaired valve stronger than the original.

Let me reiterate that there's no reason to reinforce the valve unless you've done modifications that will affect the pressure of the gun (i.e. the K-mod and/or disabling the pressure relief valve). I've never heard of a firing valve breaking without modification.
Attachments
crack-repair.jpg
Last edited by SSCBen on Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Specter

Post by Specter » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:30 am

I dont see any images
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

11ilee

Post by 11ilee » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:41 pm

Thanks for the image!

Isaac

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:12 pm

11ilee wrote:So practically for the pump modification, you pretty much open the watergun, take the pump off, stick a wooden dowel into the pump, stick the pump back in, and then close the watergun, right?
When I did this on an XP 110 there was no need to open up the whole gun, if my memory serves me correctly. The handle on the pump is detachable, being held by one or two screws, and you can slide a dowel in from there.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

11ilee

Post by 11ilee » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:08 am

Thanks for the tip!

Isaac

11ilee

Post by 11ilee » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:22 am

Just one question, isn't it impossible to just pull out the pump even without the grip? (I think I'm missing something here.)

Thanks,
Isaac

CROC

Post by CROC » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:43 pm

Spinner, there was a material that was put in some guns pumps, to stop things from going down too far. Over on iSoaker, The Legacy had to drill out some "mystery material" to make his pumps extremely strong. If there is this material in the pump, I would open the gun to avoid any unnecessary damage to the gun.

It should be removeable if you can remove the pump cap, otherwise, I'm not too sure. You will want to get the part that is seperate from the case near the pump. I'll get an image so that you can understand better (I can't right now, but will get it up as soon as possible.
Last edited by CROC on Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back