Where to cut for cvf

Threads about water gun modifications.
joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:20 pm

You'll probably need to swap out the FF nozzle with a ball valve then.

And with that much colossusing, surely the ID of the internal tubing will make it a waste?
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:42 pm

Yes, the barrel and original tube might severely restrict the flow. Do you plan on removing the original bladder? I doubt the smaller of the LRT you ordered will fit over the original part...

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:58 pm

Yes I do plan on replacing the original PC. I don't think I want to replace the original ball valve, though I do plan on reinforcing it.

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:25 pm

Last I checked, none of the Super Soakers used ball valves. I believe they all use pull valves, which are easier to attach triggers to, but creates tons of turbulence and don't function as well with greater-than-normal pressure. Indeed, it could refuse to open altogether! That's why joannaardway suggested a replacement valve--and while the CPS 2000's pull valve was designed to handle quite a bit of power, this one isn't. You could try modding and shooting only from the Flash Flood nozzle, but I'm no help there.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:34 pm

Last I checked, none of the Super Soakers used ball valves
What about all the max d's? I always feel around the FF's trigger valve, which looks and feels like a ball valve. Same case with my Max-D 6000.

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:00 am

Hmm...you might be right after all. I looked at a couple pictures of the internals, and although it's a little hard to tell, there could be a ball valve hiding within. I do know that Max-D valves can be completely opened, so you're probably correct. Thanks for pointing that out...

CROC

Post by CROC » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:28 am

If you have not beed to Isoaker, there is a section about the trigger systems, but I cannot seem to locate it at this moment. The article states that a working Max-D trigger will be either open or closed. That is basically a solenoid with a wierd way of opening it, but when you look inside it, it appears to look like a ball valve
EDIT: Here is a small article about it:
The Max-D Super Soakers(R) series employs an novel enclosed-trigger valve system. This trigger/nozzle system is housed within a solid piece at the front of the blaster and is based on a dual-tension-mounted ball valve. In this case, however, the trigger must be pulled beyond a certain point before the stream is released. Once beyond the threshold, the nozzle valve snaps open, unleashing a stream of pressurized water with a full opening. This binary valve system actually gives the Max-D series an added range advantage over similarly sized soakers. Upon releasing the trigger, the nozzle valve snaps shut.
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:16 am

There's also an article here at SSC regarding Max-D technology. It mentions that the valve resembles ball valves, and is what I have referred to, but I am not sure of the details. That's a nice section you posted, presumably from iSoaker.com.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:03 am

The XP and Max-D valves are small ball valves. The older CPS blasters use a form of piston valve, I think.

Edit: Short post, sorry. What else can I say?