FF silent max-d trigger mod

Threads about water gun modifications.
Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:42 pm

This mod sounds quite a lot like my one for changing the Max-D trigger into a normal one! :angry:
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Master Yogurt

Post by Master Yogurt » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:32 pm

My dad and I worked this out in a similiar fashion recently. My sis's Secret Strike broke, so I went to work modding it. The trigger is now nonfunctional, and it works by a lever on the side. I found that rubber bands either caused too much of a trigger pull, or they did not fully pull the valve piece forward, causing it to slowly release water.

Course, I hadn't read this article, so maybe I'll take another whack at messing with that thing. Should be fairly easy now to make the valve close.
My Armory
<span style='color :p urple'>
4 XP-210s
Secret Strike with drilled nozzle and increased range
XP 310 with shotgun nozzle and fan nozzle
Storm something-or-other pistol
Old "Power Soaker" - hey, it's made by Larami!

I miss my XP 75 classic... I don't miss my XP 85.

Need DOS help or looking for games? Dosgames.com is a great resource, and its forums are excellent, and, hey, I've been a mod there for years!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:07 pm

Welcome to Super Soaker Central Master Yogurt! Please enjoy your stay!

^ Someone tried that out on a Triple Aggressor a while ago actually. They said it increased the range, but I was unsure if it did. Was your range increased?

Master Yogurt

Post by Master Yogurt » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:34 pm

Yes, actually, I noticed a range increase as well - maybe five feet, I'm not sure. The lever allows you to pull the valve open past its normal distance. You can still open it partways, though I'm not sure why anyone would bother with that. The wider opening allowed the water to shoot farther, but I had attributed it to the drilled nozzle. Since someone else noticed the same thing with his, though, I suppose it is most definitely the valve. If I had a digital camera, I'd post some pics of the finished result and the trigger mechanism, where it pulls, etc., but I guess I'll have to borrow a friend's.
My Armory
4 XP-210s

Need DOS help or looking for games? Dosgames.com is a great resource, and its forums are excellent, and, hey, I've been a mod there for years!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:46 pm

http://forums.sscentral.org/Unique_Trip ... t2578.html

^ Here's some pictures of that modified Triple Aggressor. Was your modification similar?

Master Yogurt

Post by Master Yogurt » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:46 am

Yeah, I read through that topic. Essentially, that's exactly what I did. I screwed a metal piece meant to be used as a lever into the trigger, used a drill and jigsaw to make a hole in the side, then put it back together. I used a heat-sensitive shrinking tube to cover the metal lever to make it nicer to hold. Due to the smaller lever, the hole in my SS is a lot thinner. I find it kind of funny that we did the same thing without even referencing each other. I'm considering adding a rubber band inside to bring the lever forward without having to push it, but I'm not sure how well it would work, and a constant stream is actually kind of handy.
My Armory
4 XP-210s