K-mod Topic

Threads about water gun modifications.
Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:52 am

Man, I am so annoyed, there wasn't any cps 2100s around where I live during summer and I looked forever. Well, that's how it goes, I guess I will Have to wait until the aqua pak comes out to modify more guns.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:47 pm

The AquaPak might be out right now in some locations. Some people found the Pre-charge guns, however I think they live in Austrailia. Keep your eye open for new guns, you might find them.

Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:54 pm

I have a question about Kmodding. About how many pumps can a 80 balloon kmod take I don't want to accedentaly blow a valve. Also how long does it take to put 80 balloon on thanks.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:09 pm

^ Please use commas. They make reading considerably easier.

How large the PC will be (and therefore how many pumps it will take) all depends on the PC size of the gun you are K-modding. Which gun are you K-modding?

Also, how long it takes to put them on depends on your ability to put them on. So there's no way to know. It doesn't really matter though.

Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:34 pm

Originally posted by Doom@Nov 19 2004, 03:09 PM
How large the PC will be (and therefore how many pumps it will take) all depends on the PC size of the gun you are K-modding. Which gun are you K-modding?

[snapback]19215[/snapback]

Oh, Sorry, I thought I said the CPS 2100 but I must have been mistaken. I know the valves are strong on the CPS 2100, but still don’t want to over pump it and blow a pipe or valve on it.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:44 pm

If you're going to do a full-blown CPS 21000 mod, do the K-mod, a check valve freeze, and reinforce the internals to prevent damage.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

DX

Post by DX » Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:20 pm

You don't have to reinforce the internals. I've had 5 21000's and learned that reinforcing isn't necessary. What you do have to do is make sure the glue you are using to seal the check valve can hold high pressure. Especially if you don't do the screw method and instead glue a piece of plastic over each hole, like I do.
You also won't blow a valve unless you over pump it, and with 80 balloons you can't get more than 12 pumps. One of mine stops at 10, so I don't have to worry about overpumping it because I simply can't. 10 is a good number to stop at however, if you are able to get more pumps. The preformance is really dependent on how well you do your check valve freeze and what kind of glue you use, so rememeber that.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:25 pm

Since I've successfully modded my Max-D 5000, I've decided on going further. Sometime this week I plan on opening up my CPS 2100. I've planned to perform a check valve freeze and a "normal" k-mod. I have a few questions regarding the k-mod: 1. How many balloons will be needed to greatly affect the range, etc? 2. What kind of balloons do you use? Party balloons? Water balloons? After modding my CPS 2100, I may do a mod or two to my XP-310......maybe a backpack mod and an XPS mod?

EDIT- Can I do a screw method freeze on a CPS 2100? If so, that's what I'll do (I have tons and tons of different sized screws). What plastic did you use to glue over the lower pressure hole?

DX

Post by DX » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:08 am

Generally, 5 balloons adds +/- 1 ft. of range, but this can vary, thus the +/- sign.
Up to 65 balloons will get up to 50ft, but you have to go up to 80 to get 55ft or more. Don't go any higher than 80 for obvious reasons. Use regular 12 inch balloons, a bag of 72 is the best way to go. You can use the screw method to freeze your CV, but I don't know what size to use, I've never done any that way.
With the plastic, I saw off the flat part of the check valve to cover one hole and a piece from a cd cover for the other hole. Not very conventional, but neither I nor Nibordude have had any problems except with glue. Oh, one more comment, I suggest that you also do a "multi" nozzle mod, that can increase your range by 10ft and let you choose nozzles, but then again it's up to you. Although the nozzle mod is extremely simple and only takes a few minutes. :P

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:37 am

I'd say go for about 70. 80 is tops. The nozzle mod is amazing. It did take a small amount of time. I may do it to all of my 2100's (5 of them). Make sure you use extremely reliable and strong glue. And always remember to wait for the glue to completely dry. B)

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:09 pm

For this nozzle mod, you need PVC. I don't have PVC. I use Epoxy, so no worriyes about glue. I also have access to hot glue, but it is generally useless in most cases

Edit: There is a spell check - I find it hard to spell things incorrectly at all at this point. Also, end all sentences in periods. ;)

Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:37 am

I'm proud to announce that I have sucsefuly(sp?) K moded , CFV, and Nozzle moded my very first CPS 2100 that was NIB. It works great but still needs more testing. I did a 75 balloon K mod if you were wondering. Man it starts to get kind of hard on 4 and really hard at 7 pumps, and I am scared of even going past 6 or 7 because I'm afraid the trigger valve may blow out in many pieces and then I'm screwed. My CPS 2100 luckily was a mk 3 so it all the internals came out like a piece of cake.Currently I only have one Nozzle for the threaded cap ( Because the store was out of 3 / 4 threaded end caps <_< ).In the end I'm Happy and content with my work on the gun ^_^ . Though I was wondering, do any of you know how the nozzle sizes are measured, Because I would lik to do a 5x , 10x, 15x, Riot blast.but do not know the size of drill bit I should use :( . Also Is there any nozzle size that we all may know of that will push the limits of the CPS 2100 range to one of its furthest? Thank you to All of you that have made this possible for me, and all the others to be able to do all of these mods that you guys came up with.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:01 am

Also Is there any nozzle size that we all may know of that will push the limits of the CPS 2100 range to one of its furthest?
There is. But not even I, one of the leading 2100 modders, have found it *yet*. If I had putty epoxy to fix my 21K I could go easily find out the perfect nozzle size right now. But due to that reason I can't until I get new glue. It will vary between guns, although your 21K is very similar to mine, and it won't vary by much. I won't mention the exact nozzle size publicly , but I'll give you the way to find out for yourself. You'll need to do range tests plus you'll need a graphing calculator and be able to somewhat understand algebra. If you don't understand some of the concepts in the below link, then guess and check might work.

Streams Article

<EDIT> Oh, and good luck with this, not many people have ever attempted what you are trying to do now. [Probably because the Streams article is very much unknown.]

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:54 pm

Before I make this post, I'd like to say the spell check only works correctly when you make an honest attempt at spelling correctly. Sound out the words if you have to. There were a reported 12 errors in that post Soaker Leader, a 12 that wasn't needed. I honestly don't want to read any more of bad spelling. I've had nearly two years worth, and it becomes incredibly annoying. I hope you understand. Instead of knowing you spelled incorrectly, look up the word in a dictionary. I found that upon clicking on the Definition button, Merriam-Webster gave me the correct spelling of successfully! Some things just aren't in our local dictionary.

As for the Streams article, I am very surprised people don't read that along with the rest of the Tech Articles. A lot of questions get asked that have been answered in there. I suppose it is a secret part of the site to a certain extent. I still am yet to write many article for that section, so it's a growing one too. Maybe people think it would be too advanced for them, that's a shame as I tried to make it as easy as possible (with warnings when you need to know something).

Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:11 pm

Unfourtantly, I do not know algerba ( currently in 6 grade <_< ). I have only a TI 30, or a TI 31. I need to check but those won't help even if I knew algebra. So I guess I'm stuck in a rut :( . I guess I will go out to Ace Hardware and buy 5 - 10 endcaps, and drill them many sizes find the furthest . Once I do I will take another cap drill a nozzle similar to the farthest shot, And continue till I find a farthest shooting nozzle.