No More Cps 4100s?

General water gun discussion.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:31 am

Not as far as I know, and I'd like to know what that had to do with this topic. :huh:

I still think that the MXL, regardless of what kind, is overrated. I know you don't have to pump it all the way, most of the time I don't even on air pressure guns.

The MXL is no technological marvel. The people who designed it have made more complex designs, such as the Nerf Wildfire and guns such as the Backfire and the Triple Play. I'm not saying that they are good, but from a technical standpoint the MXL is not state of the art. Hasbro could (and should) have made it shoot 70 feet. The MXL is nothing more than a cylindrical PC CPS gun, with the QFD stuff (not hard to add) and 2 PCs (again, not hard to add). Nothing special there, all easy to design and make.

Also, if you want to check the stats, the MXL doesn't add up either. Sure it has a nice 1.17 oz pump, which is slightly above average, but it's pump is no XP 150 (2.33 oz pump). It's shot time isn't the best either, the PowerPak beats the MXL's 11.5x output and shot time on 10x, check out iSoaker.com if you don't believe me. Also, I am yet to see evidence that the MXL has the same range of the CPS 2100 on the dual 11.5x nozzles (23x). iSoaker.com says it has the same range on the 8.x and 5x nozzles, around the same output as the CPS 2100. However, the 8.5x nozzle appears to actually have a 14x output, and the 5x nozzle is underrated as well when it comes to output. Same thing for the 2100.

I know what I'm talking about, and statistically, technologically, and practically the MXL is not the blaster to end all blasters. I would avoid it at all costs, but not on the battlefield. If I ever encounter someone on the battlefield with a MXL, and to be honest I haven't, I know I'll frolic around them with my greater range compact weaponry and soak the Hasbro HQ out of them.

Bucket

Post by Bucket » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:32 am

Yeah where it is grey it is blue and where it is blue it is green. I saw it at Target. I haven't seen any monsters. Should I still pick up at 4100 if I see it later on?
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Arsenal</u>

<span style='color:red'><span style='color:green'>2 XP-215s
1 XP 310
1 CPS 2100
1 Splashzooka
1 CPS 4100

The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:16 am

Originally posted by DoomSoaker@Jun 18 2004, 07:31 PM
Not as far as I know, and I'd like to know what that had to do with this topic. :huh:

I still think that the MXL, regardless of what kind, is overrated. I know you don't have to pump it all the way, most of the time I don't even on air pressure guns.

The MXL is no technological marvel. The people who designed it have made more complex designs, such as the Nerf Wildfire and guns such as the Backfire and the Triple Play. I'm not saying that they are good, but from a technical standpoint the MXL is not state of the art. Hasbro could (and should) have made it shoot 70 feet. The MXL is nothing more than a cylindrical PC CPS gun, with the QFD stuff (not hard to add) and 2 PCs (again, not hard to add). Nothing special there, all easy to design and make.

Also, if you want to check the stats, the MXL doesn't add up either. Sure it has a nice 1.17 oz pump, which is slightly above average, but it's pump is no XP 150 (2.33 oz pump). It's shot time isn't the best either, the PowerPak beats the MXL's 11.5x output and shot time on 10x, check out iSoaker.com if you don't believe me. Also, I am yet to see evidence that the MXL has the same range of the CPS 2100 on the dual 11.5x nozzles (23x). iSoaker.com says it has the same range on the 8.x and 5x nozzles, around the same output as the CPS 2100. However, the 8.5x nozzle appears to actually have a 14x output, and the 5x nozzle is underrated as well when it comes to output. Same thing for the 2100.

I know what I'm talking about, and statistically, technologically, and practically the MXL is not the blaster to end all blasters. I would avoid it at all costs, but not on the battlefield. If I ever encounter someone on the battlefield with a MXL, and to be honest I haven't, I know I'll frolic around them with my greater range compact weaponry and soak the Hasbro HQ out of them.
A power pack you say? I never heard of it.
One of the reason why I edited my post of before was to add the "One piece cannon" in my thread, since most likely someone would try to discredit my statement by mentioning the Power pack as if I am not aware that the Power Pack exists.
Yes, the powerpack has a longer shot time. But its not a 1 piece cannon which pretty much was the focus of my state of the art statement. I do not consider the MXL the best soaker, but the only criticism which can be seen as valid is its ebay price. The majority of people who say the MXL is underpowerd don't own one, and the rest have the 2000 version, or are still hung up on the CPS 2500. The majority of people who say that the MXL is to heavy are in their early teens or have an underdeveloped body typ. Nothing is wrong with that but it can not be blamed on the MXL.

Isoaker.com stats are quite correct. But they are MXL 2000 stats. I used the MXL 2000 aswell, but emidietly sold it again(remember the black MXL?). Now I might aswell could lie about the distance of the CPS MXL 2002, for all you guys know. If you belive me or not is up to you.

In my opinion the MXL 2002 is state of the art one piece cannon. Its not a scientific marble as you said, no watergun really is. But as far as I see it after using several one piece CPS soakers, the robust build, shot time and soakage makes it the best one-piece cannon Hasbro brought out yet, or should I say did bring out.

As for the running around a MXL user, I heard that statement before, and also encountered it, and even though there is truth to it and it will apply to 70% of MXL users, that strategie will not work on a MXL user who is fairly mobile and has an understanding of distance(closing the gap and so on). Ultimatly a good soakage requires a distance no longer than 25 feet. Anything longer than that is easily blockable or dodgable.

Im not saying that the MXL is not overrated. Yes it is. Very much even. But statements that the CPS 2100 is a better overall choice than the MXL is just simply not correct. If people would say that they don't personaly like the MXL, since they don't have certain aspects which prevents them from using it effectivly, then thats fine. But if they say the MXL is XPBackfire-esque in general simply because it does not fit their ability, then thats something else. There is a huge difference between Some of my flaws prevent me from using the MXL and the MXL is flawed because it does not fit my personal needs. The first is a valid objective statement, while the other simply is covering up once short comings.

With the risk of sounding like a jerk, I have also noticed something over the past months in SScentral and WaterWar.net, that people tend to only promote or value their own soakers and state it as a "Overall truth". Calling the CPS 4100 the best soaker ever, and talking about some XPs which are just simply a topic only for being the only ones that are in their local stores. I did similar mistakes by praising the Blazer, but then I edited my statement.

Im not asking for much, but if people praise their soaker they should avoid making it an overall Law. Just add "In my opinion" or "for me personaly" when calling their soaker the best one around. That is all. It just seems anoying when people call their CPS 4100 2-second-8X-shooting-gun one of the best soakers around as a general statement without having used any other soakers.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:34 am

That was part of my article that I made a while ago, so I agree. There is no best gun. There are only good guns. That was what I meant when I said stuff about how my CPS 1000 and the CPS 4100 in that. Some guns do certain purposes better than others. Simple as that, would you use a MXL in a 1HK battle? No because you don't need massive soakage to "kill" them. Also, at the other end of the spectrum, would you use a Max-D gun in a soakfest? No, because it will be ineffective.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:41 am

Thank you DA for finnaly being on my side! I love the MXL! I have a 2002, its sooo great. Its not my favorite gun, since it is heavy and you can't sprint with it. It also doesn't fit what I like to do. But in small battles when I play multiple positions its a great gun. My favorite nozzle combo is the fan burst+shower head. Its an amazing show of water. Anyone within 25 feet is instantly soaked. I think its only big flaw is the bipod. It's really anoying. I got mad at it and ripped it off.
I'm just sad because mine's pump doesn't work.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:50 am

Originally posted by BlueSmudge@Jun 18 2004, 09:41 PM
Thank you DA for finnaly being on my side! I love the MXL! I have a 2002, its sooo great. Its not my favorite gun, since it is heavy and you can't sprint with it. It also doesn't fit what I like to do. But in small battles when I play multiple positions its a great gun. My favorite nozzle combo is the fan burst+shower head. Its an amazing show of water. Anyone within 25 feet is instantly soaked. I think its only big flaw is the bipod. It's really anoying. I got mad at it and ripped it off.
I'm just sad because mine's pump doesn't work.
Pump doesn't work? Thats unfortunate, since from all the good constructed models you got a damaged one. The bipod is a weakness. I never really use it. Or should I say used it.
That was part of my article that I made a while ago, so I agree. There is no best gun. There are only good guns. That was what I meant when I said stuff about how my CPS 1000 and the CPS 4100 in that. Some guns do certain purposes better than others. Simple as that, would you use a MXL in a 1HK battle? No because you don't need massive soakage to "kill" them. Also, at the other end of the spectrum, would you use a Max-D gun in a soakfest? No, because it will be ineffective.
I never did a 1HK game. I always just do "soak till you give up". Actually my last battle was that to, and I used the 2 CPS 3200 for the first time. It was also the first time that I lend my friends 2MXLs, 2 CPS 2500 and a MonsterX. I will not say more about it, since soon I will post a nice suprise/treat which will be connected to that battle. At least it will be nice for me.

King Soaker

Post by King Soaker » Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:30 am

I agree that the XP 310 is a good midsize blaster, but the CPS 2100 is a far better all around weapon. The pump is indestructable, it holds a good amount of water, and the 5x output gives good shot time, and excellent soakage. My advice is get one while you can. I like CPS Soakers! DO YOU HEAR ME HASBRO!
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>The "S" stands for SUPER Soaker!

Bucket

Post by Bucket » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:31 pm

My local TRU just got more CPS 4100s in. So I got one.
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Arsenal</u>

<span style='color:red'><span style='color:green'>2 XP-215s
1 XP 310
1 CPS 2100
1 Splashzooka
1 CPS 4100

strongshooter

Post by strongshooter » Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:30 am

does the 4100 have a spherical PC or a cylindrical one, I need to know because I want to get a new soaker that can be K modded

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:18 am

Cylindrical one. The cylindrical version of the K-Mod is the collosus (sp?) modification.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

blaze

Post by blaze » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:14 pm

Ok this is making me feel bad so I'm going to apologize for calling the Cps 4100 the best soaker ever. It's not. But it's my favorite (until I make my homemade...then I'll rule the world), and aside from that it's an excellent gun.
Get it at TRU or toysrus.com for $20.

Just expressing opinion, I completely agree with Doom and disagree with DA. From what I have seen and used, the Monster X and XL (especially X, but also with the XL) are underpowered guns for their size. Worse, the MX has a PC smaller than a 4100s, the same size as a 2100! That is what I would call XPBackfire-esquetacular goodness. But back to the MXL. Much too big and much too little power. What you should do is duct tape two Cps 2000s together.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:18 pm

Hey, that's funny. it's amazing what you can do these days with duct tape :P Anyway, I think any middle-sized CPS is great, can squash any XP, and can hold off a larger CPS (except for maybe a CPS 2000/2500, 1500/1700 or a backpack blaster)
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

pyro

Post by pyro » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:31 pm

I am in dire need of a cps 2700, or 2100. do u know where I can get them?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:39 pm

Maybe if you posted this in the right forum people could have got to you faster. You also should have checked out the Trading forum anyway because this topic states that Sports Authority has CPS 2100s. ;)

pyro

Post by pyro » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:54 pm

Hey, that's funny. sorry I must not have been thinking clearly. I will try not to let it happen again. Btw sorry bout the double post on the piranha.