Spider-Man Water Gun

General water gun discussion.
atvan

Re: Spider-Man Water Gun

Post by atvan » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:09 am

@makeitgo- you should probably post the build thread in the off-topic section.

If you make the gun into a springer, you might want to minimalize (bottom of the page) the gun to fit your needs.

strato_2r5

Post by strato_2r5 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:34 am

Is it going to be Pump Action using the grip or are you going to use the rear pump, like a Nitefinder?
Sorry if I'm not active much, busy on another forum and another project non-soaker related.

makeitgo

Post by makeitgo » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:45 am

@Atvan I've already thought of that. I'll probably just post a link to the write up on the Nerf forums. As far as minimization, it will be subject to the internals I choose to put in it.

@Strato Pump action of course.

Fredcompany

Post by Fredcompany » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:58 pm

Makeitgo how long is the gun?
I'm a dude

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:25 pm

I would guess about 75 centimeters. In his other thread, there is a picture of it next to an XXP 275, which is a little shorter. Thanks to iSoaker for the XXP 275 stats.

makeitgo

Post by makeitgo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:48 am

Okay, here are the stats of this blaster as I know it. I'm not a Super Soaker guy so I'm not sure what exactly you guys would be looking for.

First a few pics:

The blaster is approximately 35.5" (90.17cm) long. With the priming handle drawn, it's 40.5" (102.87cm) long.

Here are the relatively simple (unimpressive) internals.

The pump simply unscrews to come apart. The tank/reservoir/pressure chamber can hold up to 1.75L. When filled it (entire blaster) weighs approximately 7.2lbs (3.27kg).

With 20 pumps it can 'spray' (it's not really a stream) up to 15' for an impressive 4 minutes! I'm sure that's not normal. I've looked and cleaned this thing as best I could but I don't know why it only just 'sprays'. It would make a good sprinkler for watering flowers.

When I first obtained this the pressure guage didn't work. It still doesn't. I found out why.... The hose is pinched. It's too short for the internal setup.

Here's a close up of the trigger and firing pin setup.

This is how the shell comes apart. The red accent pieces are separate pieces that screw on to the main shell.

From left to right: both halves of the grip and trigger, both halves of the foregrip and notch lever, both halves of the sight and finally the muzzle cover.

Because of the way the trigger pushes on the firing pin at an angle, over time, it has caused the firing pin to not retract fully after the trigger has been pulled. So it leaks from the nozzle constantly.

...and slightly off topic. This is the blaster (Tommy 20) I plan to integrate into this defunct Spiderman blaster and turn into a foam blaster. A 20 round turreted shotgun!

Look for WIP links in Off Topics.... Don't hold your breathe. It will take a while.

Fredcompany

Post by Fredcompany » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:41 pm

Even with the Tommy in there, you could probably fit a better water gun in too! Double attack! :P
I'm a dude