CPS 2000 Mk1 Near Perfect!

General water gun discussion.
RockMan ZX

Re: CPS 2000 Mk1 Near Perfect!

Post by RockMan ZX » Sun May 15, 2011 9:50 pm

Yes. I see that now. Strange. I will stay in this forum as I like to see the deals people find or the modes they make. Thanks all.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Mon May 16, 2011 6:40 pm

zeda.beta wrote:You can't expect to try and sell a water gun for collector's price on a water warfare forum. We buy to use (almost everyone) and will only pay a reasonable price for a working condition (not perfect or mint). A reasonable price would be $50-70, depending on the quality, with some people willing to go up to $100.

If you think you can sell this on ebay for more, go ahead, but we are giving you the price based on what it is worth as a weapon, not as a collectible.
I totally agree with you here. This forum is not here to sell guns at an incredible price and to gain much money by this. I am also not sure if anyone would pay 200 Dollars for a simple CPS 2000 mk2 ? May if the gun is NEW IN BOX and the box also being in new conditions. The usual price such a gun goes for on ebay is about 90-120 Dollars. THe quanity may not be high but too high for such incredible prices^^

Sell a XP 300, this will bring 200-400 Dollars and more, since it is the most seldome Soaker ever. Never seen any on a original image, once seen one on the SS 300's box, at its back side.

I do not know which people you are looking for, wanting them to pay 200 Dollars for a CPS 2000, but this here is definately the wrong place for such things.

hahaha, 200 Dollars :eek: ...o well...

:cool:
A gunner has to do what his Soaker requires...

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Mon May 16, 2011 8:00 pm

In the end, most of the online forums are for water blaster users, not collectors. There are a few around, but it is better (and safer) to use sites like eBay to sell these rarer blasters. To me, a CPS 2000, while rare, is a >15-year-old blaster. It may fire now, but 15 years of aging on rubber and plastic doesn't speak well for the blaster's useful lifetime. Only really of value to someone who wants to collect them and the collectors that frequent this forum already have this model or the original version.

That said, good luck with your sale!

Sidenote: I would personally discourage any member here (or on any other forum) from making a large dollar amount transaction through forums as there is no safety net if someone backs out on a deal. Not saying that this is the case, but sites like eBay offer Buyer and Seller protection... small trades are one thing, but when prices get near or above the $100 USD mark, Buyer and Seller beware.

:cool:
Last edited by isoaker_com on Mon May 16, 2011 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

RockMan ZX

Post by RockMan ZX » Mon May 16, 2011 10:13 pm

I know how to sell things over ebay, so I think I am good there. The XP 300, is rare, but not sought after, not everything thats rare is worth a lot. Maybe I can sell some of those. Thanks for the tip. If I ever sell my CPS 2000 mk 2 or 1's I will let you guise know. Do you guys have any mods for the NERF Super Soaker Hydro Cannon? People just make it shoot darts. I hate when people make water guns into dart guns, and dart guns into water guns.

marauder_4

Post by marauder_4 » Tue May 17, 2011 6:47 am

lol this thread amuses me

Most people on this thread are highschool or college students who don't have a ton of $$$. There are some collectors out there that do, but they only stop by here once in a blue moon.

I love the CPS 2000 a1, and have one and can attest to the fact that I think it's the greatest watergun ever. I'm not interested in another one, but GJiv is right, if you find an XP 300 we will go nuts over it. ****, I would go crazy over an SS 300 in good condition.

Good luck with your sale.

RockMan ZX

Post by RockMan ZX » Tue May 17, 2011 11:16 pm

I have those too. But I am waiting to hold onto those longer.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Wed May 18, 2011 8:30 pm

RockMan ZX wrote:I have those too. But I am waiting to hold onto those longer.
It seems that you have all waterguns out there and more than 5 of each... :rolleyes:

Bring up some pics of your big collection^^

RockMan ZX

Post by RockMan ZX » Wed May 18, 2011 11:11 pm

5 of each. you have to be kidding me. I wont release images, because 1 you can find serveral online, and 2, IF I decide to sell people could just steal my images and use it for their gun(s)

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Thu May 19, 2011 4:42 pm

That is a logical fallacy
If the images are readily available online, why would someone steal yours?
How would someone "steal" your picture? Do you mean they would make an eBay listing with your image? In that case, people will just get pissed at the guy when he doesn't ship the gun in the picture.

Which guns are you saying you have? The SS 300? Or the (much rarer) XP 300?
Pessimist: These blasters hold no water
Optimist: But their small output means they last just as long
Marketing: Huge blasts of water!
user: I shot it at an angle and it went a whole ten feet!

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Thu May 19, 2011 8:38 pm

I do not believe that you have so much weapons... The whole thing is a bit leaky^^

5 or more of the most rare weapons ever(even XP 300 ???? .. )

Will not sell at normal prices, just at incredible prices, which people will not be willing to pay.

Does not provide ANY pictures or images to prove anything here because there might be someone stealing the picture ?

I am not really convinced here whether you tell the truth or you just claim something here.

Some pictures would make me change my mind and make things much more visible and clearer for all^^

RockMan ZX

Post by RockMan ZX » Thu May 19, 2011 10:13 pm

Okay well if you dont believe me just wait. In a few years you will see several listings and post about this. That will be me. So there. And XP 300 is rare but the most sought after.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Fri May 20, 2011 6:58 pm

RockMan ZX wrote:Okay well if you dont believe me just wait. In a few years you will see several listings and post about this. That will be me. So there. And XP 300 is rare but the most sought after.
hehe, ok, till the next few years^^ I am wondering whether I am still into water warfare as today :rolleyes:

RockMan ZX

Post by RockMan ZX » Fri May 20, 2011 11:38 pm

I will always be in love with water. Water is life. At least for us humans.

DX

Post by DX » Sat May 21, 2011 12:38 am

This is a funny topic. Water gun values do not go up and up forever, they do not follow the theoretical rules of supply and demand. They follow the economy. In good times, they fetch a good deal, in bad times, far less. People simply have less discretionary income to spend on them in bad times. I watched an MXL recently fail to fetch $99 - they have shed two thirds of their former value. That's another thing, water guns do not have static values, they fluctuate from season to season. CPS 2000s once hit a high around $300, but very few sellers have ever matched the high since. Just because a gun was worth $X dollars in Y year, does not mean it is still worth $X dollars in Z year. A 2000 right now should go for around $80-150. They are also on Ebay all the time, every year. They rank as one of the most recognized of powerful water guns, so there's always some seller with one somewhere. It would take decades to reduce the supply enough to affect prices, at which point the rubber will be of highly degraded quality. CPS is on its way out as an item of value. We've discussed the rubber bladder issue in the past - they will start failing eventually. 2003-2008 pre-recession was the time to cash in on CPS guns, now they are mainly for use in wars as opposed to collectibles, since players have the ability to fix or replace bladders. That negatively affects price, but positively effects performance, thus the last CPS guns around are going to be the painted, camoed, reinforced, modded, integrated, and otherwise reduced value items currently used to fight with. They aren't very salable, but they will last a long, long time under our care.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Sat May 21, 2011 11:09 am

DX wrote:This is a funny topic. Water gun values do not go up and up forever, they do not follow the theoretical rules of supply and demand. They follow the economy. In good times, they fetch a good deal, in bad times, far less. People simply have less discretionary income to spend on them in bad times. I watched an MXL recently fail to fetch $99 - they have shed two thirds of their former value. That's another thing, water guns do not have static values, they fluctuate from season to season. CPS 2000s once hit a high around $300, but very few sellers have ever matched the high since. Just because a gun was worth $X dollars in Y year, does not mean it is still worth $X dollars in Z year. A 2000 right now should go for around $80-150. They are also on Ebay all the time, every year. They rank as one of the most recognized of powerful water guns, so there's always some seller with one somewhere. It would take decades to reduce the supply enough to affect prices, at which point the rubber will be of highly degraded quality. CPS is on its way out as an item of value. We've discussed the rubber bladder issue in the past - they will start failing eventually. 2003-2008 pre-recession was the time to cash in on CPS guns, now they are mainly for use in wars as opposed to collectibles, since players have the ability to fix or replace bladders. That negatively affects price, but positively effects performance, thus the last CPS guns around are going to be the painted, camoed, reinforced, modded, integrated, and otherwise reduced value items currently used to fight with. They aren't very salable, but they will last a long, long time under our care.

What some wise words from a wise guy^^ I can just agree :)