The ANTI-Dream Gun Thread!

General water gun discussion.
isoaker_com

Re: The ANTI-Dream Gun Thread!

Post by isoaker_com » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:50 pm

My ANTI-Dream Gun:
same size, general shape and colorings of a blaster like the CPS2000 or CPS2500, with pump, trigger, and can be filled with 3-4L of water... but it doesn't actually DO anything. No functioning internals and simply meant for roleplaying as a water warrior, not actually being a water warrior. Advertised as "safe for children of all ages" and "have all the fun of water wars without worrying about actually getting wet"!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

TheTyphoon

Post by TheTyphoon » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:51 pm

Oh god that would SUCK! An RP water blaster...... I suppose it would be almost acceptable for a water war RP if you were inside on a rainy/winter day.....but in Summer, hell no!
My Current Soaker Loadout: CPS 2500, SC 500, 1 x Water Balloon

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:45 pm

martianshark wrote:I'd say it's more like calling a PRV a check valve, which we do...

Why does everyone call it a clip, then? Even Nerf refers to their guns' magizines as clips. It should be called the Longshot MS 6, not the Longshot CS 6.
A PRV actually is a type of check valve; it allows only one way flow but only at certain pressures. The misconception is that the person who found it actually thought it was a normal check valve that worked as any other check valve would. "Freeze" is definitely a misnomer unless you disable the valve by stuffing the valve with epoxy which no one usually does. Clip and magazine however, are two completely different things. The M1 Garand, used in WWII, has an internal, non-removable magazine which is loaded with En Bloc clips.

The NIC and probably various paintball/airsoft groups also use the misnomer. Both Hasbro and the NIC use it, as well as numerous movies and people who are actaully supposedly knowledgeble on the subject of firearms. Some gunowners and possibly even manufacturers do it to. Here's some detail on the subject: http://www.thegunzone.com/clips-mags.html

Remember, just because a lot of people do, say, or follow it doesn't mean it's correct. Of course, whether you choose to use the misnomer or not is your own choice; I'm just providing the facts.

Now back on topic, iSoaker's mention of the CPS 2000 replica has one use; as a decoy. If such a CPS 2000 model were cheap, it may possibly be worth buying one or two to use as such. This also makes some replica/rip-offs as seen on ebay to be possibly useful in this manner. People can also stick clumps of PVC together for others to incorrectly identify as homemades. (Or use a homemade that doesn't work properly if the people you play with aren't that dumb.) Of course, the uses of a decoy are much more limited than actual water weaponry.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:47 pm

Oh boy...

The Super Soaker Leakysoaker:
Appears to be an air pressure blaster with a Max-D trigger, but it actually it has a 'SPECIAL FEATURE!!!'. It has a lever on the side, with 2 different settings: Normal, and 'Leaky' mode. On normal mode, it shoots out of the front like a normal blaster, but on 'Leaky' mode... If you pull the trigger on 'Leaky' mode, water will spray out of a whole bunch of little holes all over the blaster. The reason for this would be that you could loan it to your opponent while on 'Leaky' mode, and then he'd soak himself trying to blast you. But it would say "LEAKYSOAKER" on the side in big bright letters. And of course everyone you'd play against would probably have seen the commercial before, and they would know what it could do.

This is how they'd advertise it:

Fake out your opponents with the all new SUPER SOAKER LEAKYSOAKER! You can blast 'em with the Normal mode, or deceive 'em with LEAKY mode! This all new blaster has a SPECIAL FEATURE that allows you to switch between modes! Normal mode: High powered stream to blast your opponent! LEAKY mode: Loan it to your opponent and watch the fun begin! If your opponent tries to shoot you, the blaster will "Leak" and make him wish he never tried to mess with you!

Hopefully Hasbro scouts won't stumble upon this, so we won't start seeing these awful blasters in stores...
Captain of the Catskill Mountain S.E.A.L.s (Soaker Elite Assault Legion.)

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:52 pm

LOL. .

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:05 pm

Somewhat related - I was in a taxi the other day and I noticed a couple of kids on the street with water blasters - the ever-common fake CPS 1000/1500s. Even in the brief glance I could tell by the absence of a reservoir cap (the fakes having the screw-in bottle type of reservoir).

Would be funny if someone went up against them with a real one of the same blaster. Damn would the kids be pissed off.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:22 pm

Maybe Nerf will make a new kind of dart with a bit of sponge on the end so that it hits someone with a couple drops of water.

"NEW! Sponge-tip Micro-Darts! Now you can soak your opponent with any regular NERF blaster! Just dip it in some water and you're ready to soak!" [if this was a commercial, it would show an explosion of water when the dart hits someone. Then the kid with the Nerf gun says,"It's Nerf or nothin," as usual.]

Or maybe a pair of sunglasses with a small hole in the middle and a tube leading from that hole to a small squirt pistol thing in your hand. The sunglasses' lens would have funky sight designs and stuff on them.

"NEW! The high-tech SOAKER GOGGLES! [commercial shows what the kid with the soaker goggles sees - a bunch of high-tech-looking sight stuff] With sights on the lenses, all you have to do is look at what you want to hit and pull the trigger! [Shows large bursts of water blasting from the little hole in the glasses] With these high-tech goggles, you will be unstopable!!!"
Last edited by martianshark on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:31 pm

The sad thing is, the goggle one already exists. It was a Captoys water gun, and it was called the "Shout and Shoot."

Yeah, my nightmares have been realized.

Edit: Thanks Isoaker.
Last edited by zeda.beta on Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:34 pm

cantab wrote:Somewhat related - I was in a taxi the other day and I noticed a couple of kids on the street with water blasters - the ever-common fake CPS 1000/1500s. Even in the brief glance I could tell by the absence of a reservoir cap (the fakes having the screw-in bottle type of reservoir).

Would be funny if someone went up against them with a real one of the same blaster. Damn would the kids be pissed off.
Are the knockoffs really that common in the UK? I haven't actually seen a single knockoff before.

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:49 pm

zeda.beta wrote:The sad thing is, the goggle one already exists. It was a super soaker, and it was called the "Shout and Shoot."

Yeah, my nightmares have been realized.
FYI, the "Shout and Shoot" is not a Super Soaker by Larami/Hasbro Inc. I was, however, not particularly useful in practice. :p

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

cantab

Post by cantab » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:34 pm

C-A_99 wrote:Are the knockoffs really that common in the UK? I haven't actually seen a single knockoff before.
They're dead common on eBay. Rarer in stores but they might show up in newsagents and stuff. This is the first time I've actually seen kids with them mind.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

mysterio

Post by mysterio » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:12 am

My anti-dream soaker:

A soaker that boasted the power of the CPS 2000, but looked like a vulcan nerf dart blaster, and operated like a squirt pistol. plus a ton of useless sight stuff

"NEW Water Vulcan 2000! You can shoot like the Pros do! Especially with our new water-tack technology! (shows kid looking through hi-tech display $@%&# on top of it, then shoots his friend with a oversized blast of water.) All the power you want, all soak you need."

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:56 pm

The ALL NEW, SUPER SOAKER BLUFF ATTACK!!!

It would be a piston blaster that would have a nozzle that's almost squirt gun size, and gets about as much range as an Arctic Shock. And lets not forget the 'Special Feature'. This blaster would have a trigger on the back of the handle, much like the ones on the Blazer, Lightning, and other WW blasters that have electronic pressure gauges. When you pull that trigger, an electronic voice emits from the blaster, Saying: "I won't shoot you!" It also has a 'tactical rail' on it.

Here is how they'd advertise it:
Make fools out of your opponents with the ALL NEW SUPER SOAKER BLUFF ATTACK!!!! This awesome "Weapon" allows you to pull a hidden trigger, that will tell your opponents that you're not going to shoot 'em! When your opponents lower their guard, you can then blast 'em with powerful streams of soaking water! They will never see it coming! "Weapon" is compatible with N-Strike scopes so you can TARGET YOUR OPPONENT! Accessories sold separately, batteries not included. Price: $34.99 USD.

Like that will work. :p
Captain of the Catskill Mountain S.E.A.L.s (Soaker Elite Assault Legion.)

cantab

Post by cantab » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:34 pm

The Nerf Super Soaker EXTREME series. Basically, a series of Super Soakers that copy the styling of typical homemades. But they have none of the power, in fact being scarcely more powerful than the current line-up. Essentially, they would give real homemades a bad name.
Arsenal:

TheTyphoon

Post by TheTyphoon » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:43 pm

SEAL wrote:The ALL NEW, SUPER SOAKER BLUFF ATTACK!!!

It would be a piston blaster that would have a nozzle that's almost squirt gun size, and gets about as much range as an Arctic Shock. And lets not forget the 'Special Feature'. This blaster would have a trigger on the back of the handle, much like the ones on the Blazer, Lightning, and other WW blasters that have electronic pressure gauges. When you pull that trigger, an electronic voice emits from the blaster, Saying: "I won't shoot you!" It also has a 'tactical rail' on it.

Here is how they'd advertise it:
Make fools out of your opponents with the ALL NEW SUPER SOAKER BLUFF ATTACK!!!! This awesome "Weapon" allows you to pull a hidden trigger, that will tell your opponents that you're not going to shoot 'em! When your opponents lower their guard, you can then blast 'em with powerful streams of soaking water! They will never see it coming! "Weapon" is compatible with N-Strike scopes so you can TARGET YOUR OPPONENT! Accessories sold separately, batteries not included. Price: $34.99 USD.

Like that will work. :p
I actually laughed preetty hard at this one, I can just imagine it. A kid using it, furiously pressing the button to try and get the CPS 1500 user to stop owning him. :p

What about a blaster called the Max-D Windsoaker?

"The ALL NEW Max-D Windsoaker will get you the extra range to DRENCH your opponents! This blaster uses a battery-powered fan that blows underneath the nozzle to push the water further!

(Commercial shows the kid shooting his friend from the other side of a farm field)

Get the all new Windsoaker NOW for just $40! Batteriesnotincludedmajorpumpingrequired."

Or how about....the SuiSoaker?

"Have you ever want to TRICK YOUR FRIENDS brilliantly? Well now you can! The SuiSoaker's nozzle is in the BACK OF THE BLASTER! Give it to your friends and when they fire, it will hit them, eliminating them from the game!"

(Commercial shows kid giving the blaster to his opponent mid-game (like you do.) and the opponent kid shoots himself. The blaster has a huge yellow stick which says "Trick your friends!")

The all new Super Soaker SuiSoaker! From Hasbro, the makers of the other GREATEST soakers such as: the Bluff Attack, the LeakySoaker, the WindShot, the Nerf: Extreme Series, the Downpour and the Pogo-Soaker!

COLLECT THEM ALLLL! "
My Current Soaker Loadout: CPS 2500, SC 500, 1 x Water Balloon