The Small Question Thread

General water gun discussion.
atvan

Re: The Small Question Thread

Post by atvan » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:35 pm

They may be the same thing, but I also know that ABS is somewhat common in toys(e.g. LEGOs).
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

Fatalness

Post by Fatalness » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:29 pm

strato_2r5 wrote:When doing a backpack mod on a stock water gun, do you have to drill a hole in the reservoir or just screw an adapter to the opening?
Also, are the reservoir openings the same sizes as adapters/couplers? Or do they use different measurements like PVC and CPVC?
I wouldn't recomend Drilling into the reservoir. Modifying the cap is easier IMO.

Whether or not you have to have an adaptor depends on your gun.

A pressurized reservoir is impossible to do this mod.
An AP With a PC will usually pull water from its reservoir creating a slight vacuum.
A CPS does the same.

If you have a fitting that fits where the cap goes then thats great. Other wise I recomend modifying the cap.
Check out my sig if you want to see my backpack mod. I drill a hole into the cap thats 1inch in diameter which about fits the standard garden hose male end after sanding off the threads. then I attach a QFD to the cap so i can quickly fill my backpack at the reservoir and then attach to my water gun quickly.
Last edited by Fatalness on Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Very First Mod and Gun - The $5 Dollar QFD Backpack Mod

IF228

Post by IF228 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:58 am

Hey, what would happen if you had a air pressure soaker with separate PC and you pumped it up and tipped it upside down then fired? You would expel all the pressurised air right? Because if that is so, then you have to pump more air in just to put pressure in the PC so you can move the water out right? Cos that would really be annoying.

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:00 pm

Why would you do that? On a big enough nozzle, you could just pull the trigger and let the water dribble out.
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

strato_2r5

Post by strato_2r5 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:29 am

Wtf is going on with sites being closed and all? And what is Water War Net?
Sorry if I'm not active much, busy on another forum and another project non-soaker related.

IF228

Post by IF228 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:41 am

atvan wrote:Why would you do that? On a big enough nozzle, you could just pull the trigger and let the water dribble out.
How does that work? There is nowhere for air to rush back in to replace the water dribbling out.

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:37 pm

strato_2r5 wrote:Wtf is going on with sites being closed and all? And what is Water War Net?
About iSoaker.net versus WaterWar.net.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

atvan

Post by atvan » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:08 am

@IF228- either through the check valves or through the nozzle- if it is big enough, air can come and and water can go out at the same time. Alternatively, you could just pump in air with the trigger open.
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog