Box Pics: Super Soaker Shot Blast

General water gun discussion.
isoaker_com

Re: Box Pics: Super Soaker Shot Blast

Post by isoaker_com » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:53 am

Sadly, it'll likely be a little while before I can do a review. Hopefully can at least do some basic tests on the weekend, but have a lot of other things I need to do.

As for the box, well, it is likely partly due to the fact that the blaster's stock comes detached, but on the bright side, there are none of those annoying wire ties to undo/cut.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

cantab

Post by cantab » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:41 pm

Argos are stating that the Shot Blast comes with a scope. Was this the case for yours?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... 417781.htm
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:12 pm

Nope.. no scope in the box I got; just the blaster and the stock.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

cantab

Post by cantab » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:12 pm

I checked in the physical catalogue - it says the free scope is an Argos exclusive.

They also have some Water Warriors guns rebranded under the Chad Valley brand - the Cross Fire and what is listed as Kwik Grips XL but the pictures are the Sting Ray.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:25 pm

A scope! Are you kidding me? What's the point?!

I guess its just for intimidation. I don't see any other reason.

Wait a minute! I think it says on the box that you can buy and attach other nerf pieces, like a scope or other handle.

That's a plus!
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:56 am

Anyone who actually has the Longshot or has used one knows it's not an actual scope (doesn't zoom in), just two pieces of transparent plastic with a crosshair printed (sometimes sloppily and at an angle I might add) on the far-end "lens".

In short, it's just a gimmick to make your blaster look more slick. Not that a zooming scope would help on a water gun anyways.

As far as I know, only the scope, the sight from the Nerf Recon, and the new sights from the Longstrike can be attached. There are at least three other battery powered light accessories (all using LED lights) but none of then are water-proofed. Of course, they all use the same system so they'll fit on anyways.

The stock is interchangable with the Raider and Recon's stocks, and perhaps the Longstrike. (not sure if that one is built-in, but the Longshot one obviously is)

marauder_4

Post by marauder_4 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:11 pm

It seems like SS puts out a pumpfire blaster every year now. Hopefully the performance of the Shot Blast is above previous pumpfire blasters, but I would be surprised if it is. Aesthetically I find this very appealing. I don't think I would paint unless I had 2 and was planning on doing a lot of forest warfare or whatever.