2010s here?

General water gun discussion.
soakernerd

Re: 2010s here?

Post by soakernerd » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:52 pm

The biggest problem with the diaphragm system is that it puts a massive amount of stress on the blaster.

cantab

Post by cantab » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:14 pm

Well, only on a part of it. But those parts sure have to be heavily engineered to cope with the stress, and that in turn limits the practical power.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:53 pm

On top of structural limitations for their power, they are nearly impossible to power-mod. I suppose if good round flat rubber sheets are found it might be possible, but there's still nearly no way to attach them to the PC case.

BBT likes to experiment quite a lot with different PC systems, even if they may be readily less practical. The spring powered PC was first seen on the Steady Stream before going into the Pulse series. They too, exert relatively high stress into one point which must be designed carefully, depending on the balance of PC volume and power needed. Thus air pressure and rubber bladders remain the best methods for nearly all water blaster applications. In the future, I may even replace some HydroPower PC's with balloon stacks, and I already replaced my Piranha's with a 2L bottle. (which I'll switch to balloons if the 2L seems to have a high risk of turning into a water rocket)

iSoaker posted some pics on the red Shot Blast. There's nothing real new that we haven't seen, but they do show how the packaging is put together and you can read all their text on the back of the box.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:16 pm

Oh! I get it now. Ya, that's no good. Hopefully, it won't be that.

But it sadly looks so. At least it's powerful enough on its own so that don't need to mod it. If they are the rubber sheets, it won't be good.
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:09 pm

Juch
Which gun are you talking about?

With the pulse series, it should be possible to replace the spring, provided you reinforce the gun. I would like to replace the PC in the pusle master with some 3" PVC, and add a stronger spring. with a good seal, it could get decent performance.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:40 pm

For entire PC replacements, I think it's more worth it to go with CPS (which you can do with LRT tubes for a cylinderical PC or with a ton of 12" balloons for spherical; the latter is cheaper and easier to control pressure percisely) or with air pressure.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:09 pm

I'm talking about the diagrahms like the Tiger Shark. Older WWs.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

marauder_4

Post by marauder_4 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:24 pm

I'm about to go work out and then I have homework later, so I haven't read everything on here but with that disclaimer...
The Rattler and Shot blast look REALLY cool. I get excited just looking at them... but when I realize that they're pump to shoot I get less excited. At least SS is making cool looking waterguns again. It's nice to see the Helix back. I know, I know we don't need ANOTHER pump to shoot blaster but at least the spray pattern does something different. I'd like to have seen that in one of the new blasters instead of the typical 1x stream or whatever. Hopefully Isoaker's review will show that the performance is more on par with the pool pumper instead. I am glad that the Flash Flood is back and it's nice that we have two other CPS options even if they are the Arctic Blast and Hydroblitz which I have still yet to try. The XP 215 is cute and that's about the only thing you can say about it. I don't like the Defender. I have never used it myself but I think I fought against one once (and destroyed it).

I'm not sure when I will be on here again, so I leave you all with a photo from the last fight I had. It might pump you up for the on season. If nothing else you get to see a picture of my hot girlfriend.

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:37 am

I was just looking at the Vanquisher, and I noticed that there appears to be a small tap on the nozzle selector. Anyone have any idea what the purpose of this could be? (aside from just giving a surface to grip) :confused:

On another note, I can basically guarantee that people will complain about their fingers hitting the back of the pressure chamber. :mad:

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:04 am

The nudge on the side of the nozzle selector is for a better grip as seen on blasters like the CPS 1500, and that's the only functuality it'd serve. The trigger grip looks fine too; nobody is going to stick their fingers out when gripping it and it's certainly much better than having no room for your pinky to fit like in previous designs. The only concern I see here is whether the handle is thick enough, though it'll probably be ok due to the space the trigger takes up.
Last edited by C-A_99 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:52 pm

Looks like there will be at least one more Water Warriors blaster, the Water Warriors Pulse Force.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:09 pm

Sweet! Where did you find it? It looks like it could be a piston gun, using the "steady stream" technology. if it's has a trigger and a "Pulse" chamber, then I will definitely get one.

marauder_4

Post by marauder_4 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 pm

Does anyone else find it incredibly odd and ironic that Super Soaker is abandoning the very thing (pump to pressurize) that made them famous to begin with?

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:25 pm

What's definitely ironic was the Bottle Shot being sold for $10. SS has almost gone the way of the dollar store water gun and someday may even compete with Ja-Ru (company that makes variety of water toys and cheap water guns) and what not. Actually, that probably won't happen for a while as they have the ability to produce some costly gimmicks that continue to sell their blasters.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:49 pm

The Pulse Force looks exactly like the Pulse Blaster, just shaped slightly differently and differently colored. It looks like it is piston, but it might have a small pressure chamber and be just like the Pulse Blaster (the PB took 3 pumps to fill its PC). Btw, nice find, iSoaker!

I just wonder why we don't know the whole line of WWs so far. They either are going to disappoint or really impress. I wonder which.
SPLASH! You're dead!