Your armoury

General water gun discussion.
martianshark

Re: Your armoury

Post by martianshark » Wed May 05, 2010 11:42 pm

Okay then, I guess nothing's wrong with it, but I'm not impressed.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Thu May 20, 2010 8:55 pm

Now my arsenal is:

New version SS50
x2 Storm 760
Max D 6000
Liquidator
XP 240
x2 XP 220
XP 20
Max Infusion Overload
Bottle Shot
x3 Vaporizers
Max Infusion Defender
x2 Max-d 3000
x2 Max-d 2000
SS Naboo Pistol
CPS 1000
Secret Strike
Helix
Vanquisher
x2 Storm Monsoon Force 4
Storm Cyclone Force 3
Equalizer
SS 10
Shield Blaster 1000
Water Ball launcher SL 175

No major weapons to speak of, but plenty of small arms.
-Zeda
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

motoracer

my armoury

Post by motoracer » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:06 am

My son and I have the following:

CPS 2500
Monster X
3 X Max-D 6000
Rattler
Bottle Blitz
Splat Blast
Vaporizer
Hydro pulse
Triple Shot
2 X Flash Flood
Sneak Attack
Super Soaker 50 (anniversary edition)
XP-270
Splat Blast knock off
2 Saturators (the battery operated type guns)
spider-man helix

Most of these we have scored used, and we have bought a few newer ones on sale.

I have used some old bits of wood to make a few gun racks, and hung a hose there for refilling:

I have made a few videos too for you tube, check them out:

this is a parody of Spikes Deadliest Warrior 10 yr old vs 40 yr old

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92SvMRr0wBI

this is my sons water warfare recruitment video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mASRhxi1F8

TheTyphoon

Post by TheTyphoon » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:06 pm

Hey moto! I actually saw that recruitment video a while back, I recognised those tree stumps and the weapons on the boards straight away.

P.S. Love the armoury! I just got my CPS 2500 yesterday, it blows everything else into the middle of next week!

cantab

Post by cantab » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:45 pm

That's a very nice arsenal!
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:57 pm

Yes it is, and I have to say that if you were to have a party, that might be enough water weaponry. :rolleyes:

And everybody, if there is ever a major water war sometime next year, I will bring enough sidearms for everyone. JK, but I need some real weapons besides my CPS 1000
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:00 pm

Depending on what kind of wars you're having, it may be a good idea to build-up the higher end of the armory. Amongst many groups, water wars take place with the vast majority of water weaponry being CPS's. Your armory is distinctly divided into set "classes" (in terms of usability for wars); high end, medium end, and low end blasters and there's not quite a lot of blasters that fit in between classes.

Of course, the collection's presentation was put out quite nicely. Guns always look better when stored on a wall and I've never had quite the means to do that.

motoracer

Post by motoracer » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:22 pm

My sons fav is the flash flood, I like the MaxD 6000 myself it holds lots of water, and has great range and stream, an feels nice to hold, the rattler is my second fav. He likes the riot blast on the flash flood, but I often find I can duck or avoid it if I see him coming.

Our backyard battles this summer will be 8 - 10 people max, and a few of the kids have guns to bring. since we only have 2 of the cannons, they will only be used to defend a base type senario, all the run and gun playing will use players choice of the medium or light blasters. I also will allow changing guns when you go to the refill station.

I have been reading all I can about game types and rules, since the kids are younger, (10 ish) I need to have black and white rules, as they tend to argue alot, so calling a hit will be the hardest thing. I am toying with the idea of targets, like a square of toilet paper clipped to a lanyard around your neck, hanging on your front, when the square is totaly wet, you're hit or out, then there is no question about it. Or on ebay, the soaker tag things are still availible, but I would need quite a few for 10 players for a full day, where TP comes on a roll, and is endless.

I want to play quite a few different senario games, as they really like the role playing team vs team stuff (president and body guards vs assasins, siege the base, etc...)

cantab

Post by cantab » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:16 pm

But who wants to run around with squares of bog roll round their neck? Also someone will cheat by stuffing it inside their T shirt.

The following has been used by the Cambridge Assassins' Guild as a definition:
a hit (with any water weapons) is wetness roughly the area of a 5p piece in the case of Water with Care weapons [small output, like XPs]and a 50p piece in the case of all larger weapons [big output, like CPSes]
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:56 pm

The system I use for determining hits is based all on feeling. That way it's faster and people know instantly the moment they're out.

Soakertags are too costly and overpriced. If you wish to use targets, I'd advise using a clothspin (those metal paperclip-like things with the needle) and attaching the target to it. Toilet paper squares should work well. My main issue with using targets is that they limit where you're allowed to tag someone.

Baycamjo

Post by Baycamjo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:28 pm

Hi...first ever post, not sure what I'm doin yet. But just thought I would let you all know that I've just purchased a CPS 2000 mk1 and a CPS 2500 of Ebay. I'm in England and their coming from the US. Cost a bloody fortune for the CPS 2000 mk1, but I hope its worth it. Has anyone done this, (purchase from the US)? How long does it take on USPS? And will customs have my pants down for VAT?

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:52 pm

Nice. How much did you pay for the 2000? If you payed more than $300, you paid too much. I don't really have anything else to say since I live in America. Welcome to Super Soaker Central.

Baycamjo

Post by Baycamjo » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:29 am

Paid $284 for CPS2000...looks in good condition...Do you think these will keep going up in price as they become older and more rarer to get?

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:44 am

$300ish was the highest I've ever seen a CPS 2000 MK I go out for. Then again, I don't look on eBay a lot and you rarely find a MK I up for auction. I don't have the money for it and to me it's not worth it since with $300, I could start a huge homemade project though it would indeed be a pain to even design. (I'm not much of a collector just for the sake of collecting as you can see.)

Be very careful if you ever auction off your soaker. Sometimes the auctions are obscure and they get let out for cheap prices, other times the market/economy just isn't up to it. It's tricky to say how much you can expect in the future but I highly doubt that the $300 top range will ever be broken.

Nonetheless, the MK I is a great soaker to have; only homemades can rival its sheer power.

Baycamjo

Post by Baycamjo » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:15 am

Didn't buy it for making money or looking at anyway...Brought it for blasting the kids head off in the back garden....! Hope it lives up to its rep!