New school soakers not so bad after all

General water gun discussion.
NovaBlast

Post by NovaBlast » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:38 am

I agree Monsoon, good point. One thing about the new guns I like is the reduction of pump time. I mean granted, the old guns prove more powerful, I just have to pump 40-60 times on many of them to be able to use it. A good balance between the old and new works great. Ex: monster xl, sneak attack, flash flood, cps 1500,cps 3000/3200, couple max pistols. (if youre trying to go all out throw the cps 2000 in the fray)
armory: 2 FF's, HB, various water pistols, Arctic blast, Monster XL (repainted), cps4100; shield blaster 3000,Max infusion water packs (3), sneak attack

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:45 am

Nothing needs that many pumps except for the MXL. Want less pumps? Make a heavier K-mod/colossus. :D

NovaBlast

Post by NovaBlast » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:54 pm

Wish I knew how to do that crashdummy, but I dont. Sounds nice though. My main point was that you have to pump the old guns many more times than the new ones. Many of the old ones do have a substantial amount of power though.
armory: 2 FF's, HB, various water pistols, Arctic blast, Monster XL (repainted), cps4100; shield blaster 3000,Max infusion water packs (3), sneak attack

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:14 am

In my opinion, the number of pumps isn't too significant, so I'll live. I love having my powerful 5x and greater streams, even if it means a little more pumping, but to each his own.

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:33 pm

NovaBlast wrote:Wish I knew how to do that crashdummy, but I don't. Sounds nice though. My main point was that you have to pump the old guns many more times than the new ones. Many of the old ones do have a substantial amount of power though.
While true, this statement is a little misleading. Pump volumes have not changed much since the CPS2000 (heck, the XP150 could pump more water per stroke than any modern soaker). What has changed is pressure chamber size. I'll happily accept more pumps if it means larger base PC size, particularly if it's a CPS-type chamber.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

NovaBlast

Post by NovaBlast » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:27 pm

Thats whats great about this site, a variety of opinions. My statement would not mislead anybody. If you have to pump a gun more to get full power then thats what you have to do. If you like those guns, have a blast. My post was for the not so technical water gun user. My advice would be for everyone to try the old and new guns and go with what works for YOU.

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:43 am

My statement would not mislead anybody. If you have to pump a gun more to get full power then thats what you have to do.
First off, I never meant to suggest your statement was intentionally meant to mislead people, but even your more recent statement is not quite correct, either. When it comes to CPS-based blasters, true CPS-blasters can achieve full power after only about 5 pumps; additional pumps fill the PC and offer better shot time, but do not increase the output. IF you need to pump a CPS-based blaster 40-60 times to be able to use it, something is really wrong with that soaker. Modern soakers like the Flash Flood or Arctic Blast also reach full power after only ~5 pumps; they just have overall less PC capacity, but have better shot times due to lower output (well, not when using the riot-blast :p )

As for trying old and new blasters, sadly, many do not have such luxury of getting their hands on an older water blaster model. I do find the current stock soakers, though, adequate for the recreational water warrior. I particularly like the newer blasters like the Super Soaker Flash Flood, Arctic Blast, and Water Warriors Tiger Shark and Scorpion.

In the end, I agree that "New school soakers not so bad after all", but I don't agree with some of the criticism aimed at some of the older models.

NovaBlast

Post by NovaBlast » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:30 am

I hope Larami corp. has you on the payroll Isoaker, you stand up for them well. Anyway you have some valid points in there, Ill be careful not to offend you next time(hahahahaha). Hey can you give me some info on the Water Warriors "blazer" made by buzy bee?
Last edited by NovaBlast on Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling error

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:39 am

It's a good gun, and can hold its own in a battle with the older CPS guns. When modded, I think they have potential. Mine was working pretty well, but the trigger valve was messed up (right out of the box), and it still hasn't been put together. Now that I come to think of it, I can't even remember when it is. :p

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:50 am

@NovaBlast:
i) I thought this thread was about how the new soakers aren't so bad. If so, I do agree with the title.
ii) I'm not on Larami Corp payroll; heck, Larami Corp no longer exists. You started this thread; that would mean it's more likely you're on Hasbro's payroll for defending current Super Soakers. :p

As for the Blazer, it's similar, but not quite as powerful as a CPS1000.

NovaBlast

Post by NovaBlast » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:09 pm

hahahahaha, ok isoaker. Hey is the blazer available anywhere now. I know they did a remake in 05' right?