what should i get

General water gun discussion.
Gabeanator56

what should i get

Post by Gabeanator56 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:34 pm

what super soaker should i get right now im thinking about the new hydroblitz

i used to have a flash flood but the trigger broke so i opened it up but i couldnt get the pumpcap off so i just threw it away and decided to get a different squirt gun
Last edited by SSCBen on Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:44 pm

Welcome to Super Soaker Central!

First off, please realize there is an edit button. If you want to add something to your post, edit it instead of posting one just a few minutes afterwards. "Double posting" like you did is frowned upon at message boards.

What sort of things are you looking for in a water gun? Lots of water output? High range? A good all around water gun? Just asking "what should I get" gives you an answer that depends on what you're going to use the gun for. ;)

Gabeanator56

Post by Gabeanator56 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:46 pm

well i was thinking of good range and good big blasts
i usually have water fights with my friends alot and they usually hide and jump out while i'm still pumping and squirt the heck out of so i guess im lookin for a gun that you don't have pump alot and still gets good blasts

p.s. thanks for editing for me ben
Last edited by Gabeanator56 on Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:14 pm

Using a hammer and flathead screwdriver, you could've easily gotten rid of the pump cap...

Anyways, I would look towards the Arctic Blast for a similar gun, of course, doing the nozzle modifications as necessary. However, do beware of the existance of the WW's, guns which, (umodded) have the best range of anything stock today. The Tiger Shark and Orca are the 2 2007 guns covering this area.

Gabeanator56

Post by Gabeanator56 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:26 pm

C-A_99 wrote:Using a hammer and flathead screwdriver, you could've easily gotten rid of the pump cap...

Anyways, I would look towards the Arctic Blast for a similar gun, of course, doing the nozzle modifications as necessary. However, do beware of the existance of the WW's, guns which, (umodded) have the best range of anything stock today. The Tiger Shark and Orca are the 2 2007 guns covering this area.
i used a flathead screwdriver and a hammer

by pump cap do you mean the thing that has a square cut in it in which the pumping handle goes

what about the wws tarantula
Last edited by Gabeanator56 on Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:59 am

You said you couldn't get the pump cap off yourself. (and you don't know that I'm refering to the orange piece that stops the pump from coming out...) Use a flathead screwdriver and a hammer to create a seam that splits the pump cap up along the frame, so the 2 pieces of the frame come apart. (use the screwdriver to sort of draw a line, then position it and hammer it so that it makes a line in the cap) I assume you already got the nozzles out. If you're good with prying you could also just simply bust the glue off. Well, since you already threw it away, there's nothing that can be done unless they didn't pack up the trash yet.

The Tarantula is battery powered, meaning you have to keep a battery charged up. It's, in most cases, more preferable to simply have a pump and have it work all the time. Plus the Tiger Shark and Orca have better ranges than the Tarantula. (yet cost the same or less)

Gabeanator56

Post by Gabeanator56 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:07 am

ok i just when dumpster diving and got it and now i no what your talking about i tried really hard banging the hammer against the flatnose into the seam but it wouldnt budge. plus look at orcas ratings and flash floods ratings
http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/soaker_s ... rID=wworca
http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/soaker_s ... flashflood

p.s. do you have any instructions on how to modify the range ;) ;)

whats a pc gouge trigger :confused:
Last edited by Gabeanator56 on Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:57 am

If it doesn't bulge, get the seam cut instead of trying to remove it. You got to take it slowly and make sure it's working through. (removing some parts will probably be helpful)

[img]http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/382/ ... u6.jpg[img]

Range mods... First of all, there are 3 types of rubber pressure chambers. Spherical, which is easiest to mod and only seen on the CPS line, then cylinderical, which is also moddable but slightly harder, which is seen in the CPS line and in all CPS soakers after 2003 (including FF, AB, HydroBlitz, etc.), then the Water Warriors Hydro Power rubber disks, in which no one has managed to do a power mod on.

In this situation, none of those power mods will be terribly useful. (butchering a flash flood takes a lot of work to do, more than maybe worth it) Instead, remove the screens on the FF, AB, and/or HB, then do nozzle drills on their smaller nozzles for more output and range. (you have to drill it smoothly to reduce turbulance for best range)

Gabeanator56

?

Post by Gabeanator56 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:56 pm

Ok but whats a pc gauge trigger? Ive decided to get an artic blast
and whats so great about cps's
Last edited by Gabeanator56 on Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.