Trying to identify 1980's pump gun

General water gun discussion.
XP270

Re: Trying to identify 1980's pump gun

Post by XP270 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:54 pm

It might have been the Entertech AK centerfire.
"I'll be shotgunning XP 310's when I should be shotgunning beers" -Duxburian

dland

Post by dland » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:18 am

Jimmy wrote:Is anybody familiar with a certain pump gun that existed back in the late 80's/early 90's?

Basically, the thing looked like and Ak-47, and was pump action. It had a pump with finger grooves moulded into it. Unlike a super soaker, you only pumped it once and it was ready to go. It made a 'click' so I think it was spring powered or something.

It had a removable AK style mag (the gun only came with one) with a hole in the top for the feed tube to go down to the bottom of the mag. When you fired, it would shoot about 30 feet or so, and the nozzle of the gun had several holes, so the blast that came out was more like a shotgun than a fine stream, once hit... the target got a big wet patch on their clothing about 12 inches in diameter (assuming they were hit close).

I only ever saw the one gun, my neighbour owned one. (At the time I had a white-with red stripes Entertech waterhawk). I believe his gun was completely orange in colour.

Does anybody know what this gun was called and anybdy have any photos of it? Thanks for your help...
This commercial from youtube seems to have a gun like the one you describe, the "Defender with pump action."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmqz3GqGDuI

I remember this commercial. I had the water grenade toy.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:43 am

Welcome to SSC dland!

If it was orange as he said in the post, it's very unlikely to be anything by Entertech. From what I know, the vast majority of their items up to some year like 1988 or 1989 were realistic black guns. Then in 1988 or 1989 they changed to neon colors before disappearing. So it's unlikely, but it's a possibility. I think I had a picture of the 1989 Entertech catalog that I might be able to dig up...

Slant6Nova

Post by Slant6Nova » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:23 am

Hello,
Tried to post here 2 times and it f**ked up on me so I'll make this quick and clear. I own the gun you are looking for Jimmy. I don't have a picture of it yet but will get one and post it. It's identical to you're description, orange with bright green camo patterns, black pump grimp, trigger and pistol grip, yellow banana charger, charger release buton and sight and a nozzle with six small and one big hole. The pump action on mine is pretty stiff and it required me to pump it with bolt and when I was younger.
I don't know the name but I know it was made by entertech. The only thing engraved on it is:
ENTERTECH
a division of
LJN TOYS,LTD
1988 LJN TOYS,LTD
I also remember the packaging's back side, it had the picture of the 3 guns in the pump action family. I think the orange one whas the second gun in this family, the first I don't remember, but the third was a replica of a pump action shotgun (swat style) in blue and orange camo patterns (realy f******g nice gun). I think you could also have it in camo paint but I'm not shure about it.
So there you have it, all I know, will post picture a soon as possible

Jimmy

Post by Jimmy » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:44 am

Hey Slant6Nova,

Yep you own the gun alright. Thanks everybody else for your speculation, what Slant6is describing is the gun exactly. From my own recollection the gun my neighbour owned (This is back around 1989) was orange with green camo patterns. And despite Entertech's legacy os black guns, am fairly certain this gun which you've just confirmed, was an Entertech also.

Would you be able to post a pic at some stage so we can all finally see the gun? Thanks for your help.

Slant6Nova

Post by Slant6Nova » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:02 pm

Hey
Ok i'll try not to mess it up but i finaly found the gun and took some pictures. As you can see the gun has a bit of use but it still works!!!
Attachments
Photo 1399.jpg
Photo 1398.jpg

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:40 am

Looks like you found the right water gun :cool: . Hopefully Jimmy will check in soon.

Jimmy

Post by Jimmy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:42 am

Wow that's amazing. You know I searched google a lot of an image of that gun... I never thought I'd see it again, but amazingly you have it!

March 3rd 2007 I started this thread, and...
February 26th 2009, almost 2 years later, a picture finally emerges :)

I tell ya what though, those of you who never got to shoot somebody with one of these missed out on a classic piece of water gun history. If you EVER see one of these on Ebay, get it, bid the highest, you won't regret it, they just don't make em like this one anymore...

Slant6Nova

Post by Slant6Nova » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:50 pm

Glad it made you happy Jimmy. The fact is that i found this tread when searching the net for the pump-action shotgun that cought my eye on the packaging of this gun so many years ago. I could'nt find what i was looking for but i found this tread and though it'd be nice to answer some questions ;) !! But still, i'm sort of dissapointed that whe can't find any info on those terrific guns anymore, let alone, buy one :D !! Ha they don't make them like they used to!!! lol But I realy got to admit that this gun is awesome. It's tuff like crazy (lived trough my 2 brothers, my sister and me!!!) and it shoots so much water in one shot, it's unbelevable lol. Yeap if you ever see one of those on the net, buy it, or send me info, i'll buy it!!! lol

groverton

Post by groverton » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:47 pm

thats aswesome!!
I had the same one!
great job Slant!!

Walter Sobchak

Post by Walter Sobchak » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:58 pm

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read this thread. I felt the exact same way "Jimmy" did about this gun. I saw a lot of water guns in my time, but none of them stayed with me the way this did. I mean.... I'm 30 years old and I own a pressure washer...... but nothing will ever compare to that gun. It is now my life's mission to by that gun and a Crystal Clear Pepsi before I croak.

Oh yeah.......

The reason I registered and chimed in to this thread was because I'm almost 100% positive the name of this gun was the "Saturator." The name was all I ever remembered, and with the new line of Saturator brand water guns these days, it was almost impossible to get a hit on this gun on the internet.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:56 am

Eh, Saturator was introduced in the late 90's. And necroing a year old thread might be not worthwhile, because the people might not see your post. After all, they could have gone inactive.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

cantab

Post by cantab » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:23 pm

Well the OP is inactive, but people like Ben and Silence are of course still around and might be interested.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:00 am

Well, I never said much of importance, but I do enjoy seeing nostalgia in action. ;)

Also, Walter's memory is flawless: querying Google for "Entertech Saturator" returns plenty of results, including a remake on Amazon. Thanks! This could certainly be of interest to Jimmy and Slant6Nova.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:23 am

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.