Check out the new Water Warriors line

General water gun discussion.
MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:11 pm

They just look like average soakers mith minimal power. I suppose you can always trust water warrior soakers (I have a wasp) but they aren't anything too special. I've got to admit though they do look pretty nice.
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:49 am

We will just have to see when they are out in stores. The sooner they come to the UK, the sooner I will be on the hunt to buy them. Who knows how they could perform.

Update. If you want the new and old Water Warriors guns and are in the United Kingdom read this. I got a reply from Buzz Bee Toys today saying that the following places the Water Warriors guns will be in are: Grant & Bowman, Gadget Shop, FEVA and Youngsters Ltd.

I am only familiar with the Gadget Shop. Anyone know anything about the other shops? They also said that the only thing that was going to be changed on the Blazer was the colours.

This information helps me as I now know what shops will be getting them in. I am near to the Gadget Shop but I will have to see about the others.

16/03/05. I just checked Buzz Bee Toys website again and they seem to have changed the Aqua Pak's name to the Hydra Pak. I wonder why?

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:30 am

^ Interesting. Maybe they thought that it was better to rename it because of the STE AquaPack. I know when the WW line was announced and then the STE line was released that people were confused by the names. I wonder if they went to court about the name, nah... :P

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:03 am

In my opinion, I don't think they would have gone to court. I agree with you that they changed the name to stop people getting confused.

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:19 pm

what I would like to know is how the supercharging apparatus (the one that they advertise requires just three pumps to fully charge) works. I suspect a flywheel concept, or gearing, but I could be wrong.

vaporizer28

Post by vaporizer28 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:39 pm

Originally posted by Crashdummy@Mar 12 2005, 06:29 PM
Sometimes I wonder why they don't make reproductions of other lines than the xps. Just think, the 2006 cps 1700, or 2006 sc 600. Sure the colors would only be seen as cool to Hasbro, little kids, and the blind but who would care? I most certainly wouldn't. I would rather buy a remake of a good soaker than have a bunch of crummy new soakers. The thing that interests me is that big tank gun. Looks like a piston soaker, maybe some competition for the vaporizer. :)
[snapback]23063[/snapback]

Who, me? :huh:

^agrees with wanting remakes of SC guns.

*wants SC 600* :(

^This was made by Superstormer. What, do you think it got here on its own?

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:05 pm

SC 600s arent that great Vapo. I have one, and it is a bit tiresome pumping it for five minutes at a time (and no, I don't have the QFD - it broke.) and it's got such small capacity.

mackiwi

Post by mackiwi » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:17 am

The precharger guns don't actually have a special pump at all...it is pretty much the same as a regular soaker. The only reason that it takes three pumps is because the pressure chambers are quite small. The Argon and Xenon move around 30-35ml of water per pump, while the Krypton moves about 60mls, thanks to it's thicker pump shaft.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:47 pm

Mackiwi, the sc600 works different than the water warriors line.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:26 pm

Originally posted by nibordude@Mar 19 2005, 12:30 AM
^ Interesting. Maybe they thought that it was better to rename it because of the STE AquaPack. I know when the WW line was announced and then the STE line was released that people were confused by the names. I wonder if they went to court about the name, nah... :P
[snapback]23212[/snapback]

They changed the name because after we learned of the 2005 Super Soaker line's names, I alerted them to the fact that the names were the same, and they wanted to avoid confusion. ;)
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:46 pm

I contacted one of the stores that Buzz Bee Toys said they would be shipping the soakers to in the UK which was FEVA (never even heard of the store at first) by their website which I found. The following guns that I asked if they were getting in that I wanted were:

Argon
Xenon
Krypton
Aqua/Hydra Pak
Blazer

Here is what they said:

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the Water Warrior Water Guns!

Unfortunately we are not distributing the guns which you mentioned yet. We
are looking into getting the ones you mentioned, however that may not be
until the summer time if we do get them in. The following guns are/will be
available:

Firefly - Twin Pack - Available immediately from Argos stores for around
£7.99

Wasp - Available April/May exclusively at Toys R Us stores.

I hope the above information will be of assistance to you, however please do
not hesitate to contact us nearer the summer for an update on the guns which
you mentioned in your email!

Looks like in the UK we will have to wait until summer for the new ones (darn).

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:06 am

I tried a cricket, and it's kinda better than the Argon. :( Both range, and power wise.
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:21 am

I wouldn't know as I have never used either of them. They both look a bit like each other (apart from the colours) due to the design and shape. The Argon looks bigger though.

King Soaker

Post by King Soaker » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:12 am

Well they sure have a big selection.... If they could only make one gun that really had serious soaking power. If they could only break out of the squirt gun mode, and come out with something simple and effective that would equal the output of a CPS 1700, they would have my vote.
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>The "S" stands for SUPER Soaker!

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:30 am

Yeah that's what they really need to improve on. They need to make guns that have bigger nozzles to really get up to the top. Then they would be in competition with the previous CPS guns. I think what they need to focus on is having bigger firing chambers for their guns as then they would be able to do big nozzles as well as being able to have a reasonable shot time for them.