Winter games

General water gun discussion.
trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:11 am

Maybe a "slighshot"-esque WBL? It would have less pressure exerted on the snowball, and less temperature.
Rereading these forums make me feel old >.<

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:50 pm

I don't understand how you can soak "indoors." You would have to water proof everything and then it would be really weird and you would need a lot of room. I'd start playing paintball or something if you want to do some type of soaker related thing.........
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:11 pm

Think XP15 :P
Rereading these forums make me feel old >.<

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:57 pm

Originally posted by Soakologist+Oct 20 2004, 06:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Soakologist @ Oct 20 2004, 06:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Doom@Oct 20 2004, 04:56 AM
Those who do battle in the winter usually wear a water-proof jacket and something similar.
Kinda makes it pointless, doesn't it?
I suppose you could wear Soakertags... :mellow: . . . ^_^ [/b][/quote]
For some people, getting soaked isnt what its alla bout. Its just using a water gun. Still so fun. I actually like as much/more than regular. Just call me queer.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:18 pm

Originally posted by BlueSmudge@Oct 20 2004, 06:30 PM
NO.. ITS NOT.
Grab our sweatshirts, and rain jackets, and get ready for some awesome 1HK fun!
Still though, I think it is rather silly to risk getting sick, frostbite in some occasions, or Pneumonia. However, I know a lot of members like to switch over to Nerf temporarily till the land sees warm light.

Super Sonic

Post by Super Sonic » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:27 pm

Thank You! Whenever I try to tell someone that if you are wet and then you get cold you will get sick. Nobody believes me.

Anyways I was thinking more around those little squirt guns for 1hk or something.
(only indoors ofcourse)
"Rejoice not over me my enemy, for when I fall, I shall in turn arise." Micah 7:8

DX

Post by DX » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:02 am

For some people, getting soaked isnt what its alla bout. Its just using a water gun. Still so fun. I actually like as much/more than regular. Just call me queer.
I'm that way too. I have only been hit in one of the last 4 wars I've fought in, and have gotten used to coming out of the fray quite dry.
Thank You! Whenever I try to tell someone that if you are wet and then you get cold you will get sick. Nobody believes me.
That is the common theory, but it doesn't apply to everyone. I, for example, never get sick when I'm wet and cold. I would also continue to soak now, but nobody would fight me as I seem to be the only one who doesn't think the current temperature is cold at all.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:32 am

45 degrees is cold. I got sick from a war when it wasn't too cold outside. Also, you ca get hypothermia from cold wet conditions right?

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:45 am

Cold, not necessarily, although usually, wet. One of the guys in my troop who went on our annual snowcaving outing with me 2 years ago got hypothermia and literally didn't get warm until they took him home and he had a nice hot shower. (excuse the run-on sentence)
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:34 am

I'm considering having a 1HK skirmish later on in the week. If it comes off we'll probably be wearing raincoats and using XP/light SC guns. That is, if it's not chucking down the rain again... <_<

EDIT: spelling
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:56 pm

Where we live, it just hit 39 degrees! It's so cold! But yesterday, it got to 50 degrees, so thinking it woukd be my last chance to test my new gun, I went out and shot it.
I don't check this forum anymore.

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:13 am

I'm not really bothered by the temperature, I'd gladly play 1HK with just about anyone in the winter as long as it wasn't raining. I think being cold makes you better, as you want to avoid getting hit even more so you don't get colder. Maybe it's because I'm a sailor every weekend, all-weather, so cold doesn't bother me and I know wet = very cold! As long as it's not with CPS-class soakage power, I'm fine with winter battles outdoors in just a sweater...B)

EDIT - If you don't like winter battles, use lukewarm water, but not warm or hot as the shock could kill you! :D
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:44 pm

Originally posted by Dark Elite@Oct 25 2004, 09:13 AM
If you don't like winter battles, use lukewarm water, but not warm or hot as the shock could kill you! :D
Yeah, that might be a good idea. However, you don't want to make it TOO pleasant, or people might start deliberately getting shot... :Hey, that's funny.:

But I agree with DE, the cold's just an added incentive not to get hit.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:54 am

However, you don't want to make it TOO pleasant, or people might start deliberately getting shot...
I hadn't thought of that... I suppose you're right there. Make it cool water, not cold like we normally use, so it's not as bad as it could be but also not so's it warms you up!

BTW, most people don't like getting shot by warm water, as it makes most people need to pee! I'm not quite sure why, but there you go...
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:33 pm

Okay. It's official. Once it gets to like 30 degrees, I'm not using my guns. But my WBL is another story. ;)

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci