2005 Soakers

General water gun discussion.
Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:49 pm

I think that these guns only used batteries to make them light up. Battery-operated water guns are a different matter entirely.
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:57 am

That and make a little ball thing in the pressure chamber vibrate like in tsunami water guns.

Super Sonic

Post by Super Sonic » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:49 am

No, they actually shoot without pumping.
"Rejoice not over me my enemy, for when I fall, I shall in turn arise." Micah 7:8

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:03 am

I saw a tsunami at a big 5 store and they seem like a good idea that didn't go all too well.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:19 pm

The WW battery guns were supposed to use a bunch of D-cell batteries to pressurize it. I think it got a couple charges out of them. What we said were the problems with that system was weight, that electronics and water don't mix and that it doesn't get enough shots.

Anyone else remember anything about those guns?

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:19 pm

I really don't see any problem with pumping your own gun. IMHO, that's just so lazy kids who can't be bothered pumping buy their soakers.

I think I've said this somewhere before, maybe even in this thread, but whatever. If Buzz Bee Toys got their hands on an old CPS soaker, took the PC and mechanisms out of it, duplicated it and manufactured a new WW soaker using original CPS tech, that would be pretty much of a lifesaver. Oh yeah, and ditch the useless electronic PGs and stick to mechanical ones...
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:02 pm

I think I've said this somewhere before, maybe even in this thread, but whatever. If Buzz Bee Toys got their hands on an old CPS soaker, took the PC and mechanisms out of it, duplicated it and manufactured a new WW soaker using original CPS tech, that would be pretty much of a lifesaver
You say that as the CPS tech is secret, it's not, in fact it's very common stuff. The patents fully explain it, and many Buzz Bee Toys' employees were former Larami/Hasbro employees. They know how it works fully. They are just afraid of Hasbro suing them for patent infringements. From what I know Ohio Arts won against Hasbro for the so called Patent Infringements case. I don't think there is much to worry about, but it's BBT's decision.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:07 pm

What are you talking about? What patent infringement with Ohio Arts?
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:10 pm

Originally posted by Doom@Sep 15 2004, 03:02 PM
I think I've said this somewhere before, maybe even in this thread, but whatever. If Buzz Bee Toys got their hands on an old CPS soaker, took the PC and mechanisms out of it, duplicated it and manufactured a new WW soaker using original CPS tech, that would be pretty much of a lifesaver

You say that as the CPS tech is secret, it's not, in fact it's very common stuff. The patents fully explain it, and many Buzz Bee Toys' employees were former Larami/Hasbro employees. They know how it works fully. They are just afraid of Hasbro suing them for patent infringements. From what I know Ohio Arts won against Hasbro for the so called Patent Infringements case. I don't think there is much to worry about, but it's BBT's decision.
True, the concept of CPS is widely known. Some of the good people from Larami are indeed over there. If ohio Arts won against infringements, I must say I am pleased, I remember hearing that back a few months ago. Yes most likely Hasbro will loose again, but Im sure Buzz Bee Toys is smarter than the average company. They REPRODUCED CPS and got around the patent, Ohio arts did not, which is simply brilliant.

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:09 am

OK, so what if they used their existing CPS chambers, which obviously don't infringe patent/copyright laws, and make a much bigger, more powerful soaker along the lines of the CPS2500? It'd probably not be as powerful as the original 2500, because they don't really have the knowledge in the field of ridiculously powerful soakers to make strong enough internal tubing, trigger mechanisms and check valves.
That's what I meant in my previous post, not just an SS PC, but all the high-quality internals that came with it. It'd take a lot of trial and error for WW to get it right by themselves in the world of powerful soakers
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:53 am

Umm, not it wouldn't take much trial or error. They know what they are doing. Most every water gun company, especially Hasbro and BBT. They could make most any gun without considerable designing because they know most of it. You have to realize that, the water gun designs aren't too complicated.

Also, I did a search at Hasbro's press releases, and nothing new came up. All I found was some info on the EES like (broken link as well), and some stuff about the 2004 soakers. It appears that all we know about the SS movie and Hasbro's plans came from a single article written by an Associated Press writer. Possibly we could contact her? I'll try to do that.

Also, the (new) GI Joe movie came out (there was another one back in the late 80s). The SS movie "S.O.A.K.E.R.S." should be out soon afterwards. If the movie was made like the GI Joe one, we can expect it to be computer generated.

http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/spytroops/p ... efault.cfm

More info about the GI Joe movie is available there. I have tried to "hack" into the SS movie's page early with a similar url, but it appears that they haven't even added anything.

Super Sonic

Post by Super Sonic » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:50 am

What do you think they should have for 2005. I think they should try and complete the cps line by mixing 2004 ideas with cps tech.
"Rejoice not over me my enemy, for when I fall, I shall in turn arise." Micah 7:8

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:57 am

I think they should
What you think they should do and what they'll do are completely different. Remember that, they don't think like us.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:50 pm

For those of you who do not check Isoaker.com's Forums, here are a few of the pictures of the new Water Warriors Soakers.

LARGE IMAGES

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:28 am

That gives us something to think about. That top one, is that like a Blazer with a 5X or something? The Aqua Master looks like a PR though... At least it's got a strap so you can have two or even three.

1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000