2005 Soakers

General water gun discussion.
Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:10 pm

Originally posted by vaporizer28@Aug 16 2004, 07:28 AM
The Soakertag line was XPBackfire-esque. Why would they(Hasbro) continue it?
A few good reasons.

1.) Market Standpoint. The Magic Marker line for Soakers is 20 dollars, Big Bee said. If Hasbro can't go above 20 dollars to sell soakers well, they have to produce the best they can for 20 dollars ( Which is bull, since a CPS 1000 is better at a good pricetag of 20 dollars).

2.) Cheap production. The Soakertag guns are easy to produce, hence somany this year.

3.) To snuff out the Fire of CPS for good.

:(

King Soaker

Post by King Soaker » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:59 pm

I think you're going to see a lot of Helix's, and Triple aggressors growing stale on store shelves. I was at Walmart last night, and they had the Soaker Tags marked down to $1 a pack. They had tons of them, and I bet they don't sell for a buck either. I know the official word from Hasbro is they are not making anymore CPS models, but I think that could change quickly if the profit from the SS line has dropped. I also know that 6 local Sports Authority stores have a boatload of Helix's, and Triple aggressors that are not selling. I personally bought every CPS 2100 they had (over 200). I'm sure the retailers have some feedback on the products that sell. Let's all send another round of letters to Hasbro!

Couldn't hurt to give them some ideas either! With Doom's approval, I would include:
the CPS 1000/1200 reincarnation the CPS 1300, to the mighty CPS 4000. The line up is the CPS 1300, the CPS 1800, a CPS 1500/1700 clone, the CPS 2600, with power similar to a CPS 2500, and of course the CPS 4000.
And... Tell them to fire their current SS designer!
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>The "S" stands for SUPER Soaker!

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:22 am

So maybe they didn't make enough profit from the Monster Line, but I know that the CPS 1000 sold better than any other gun in my neighborhood. I would be more than happy to have another CPS 1000 or 1500 like gun.
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

King Soaker

Post by King Soaker » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:30 am

I would be more than happy to have another CPS 1000 or 1500 like gun.
I agree, both the CPS 1000, and 1500 are excellent soakers, with the 1500 quite possibly being the best gun ever made. It seems like they should be able to produce some old guns with slight changes to call them new models without much R&D money. I know both of these guns now bring more than they sold for new. I think a 1500 with a tracked pump would sell like hot cakes.

As for the Monster line, I always liked them. Compared to the 2004 line, they were pure excellence.
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>The "S" stands for SUPER Soaker!

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:47 am

Gee, the classics were "pure excellence" compared to today's guns.
I guess that makes Water Warriors a God-send, right?

vaporizer28

Post by vaporizer28 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:40 am

I hope they're good, because I'm going to save a bunch of my birthday money for them, or else THUG for GBA.

^This was made by Superstormer. What, do you think it got here on its own?

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:11 am

Hmm, on the topic of Classics VS ST, Classic would win.

EDIT: I'm still waiting to buy that Xray M18 down at the hobby store... Or those 5 video games I wanted.
I don't check this forum anymore.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:25 am

I liked the designs of the Classics better (they're more gun-like), but I don't know about winning. I mean, yeah, of course a 300 could beat anything, but below that I think that the Triple Aggressor could take on any Classic.

The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:29 am

Originally posted by Soakologist@Aug 27 2004, 08:25 PM
I liked the designs of the Classics better (they're more gun-like), but I don't know about winning. I mean, yeah, of course a 300 could beat anything, but below that I think that the Triple Aggressor could take on any Classic.
I like the classics. It has a nice dignified design and colour sceem. No doubt, the SS300 is still unsurpasses by any Air Pressure soaker. As for the 3A beating the rest of the Classics, sure, but not by much. Doesn't the 3A miss a seperate pressure chamber for the main nozzle? Imagine someone would time-travel from 1992 to 2004, and all they would think is that the evolution of soakers in 12 years would be a 1X larger nozzle, a sponge, mini squirt blaster, caps for lazy kids and hasbro becomig colour blind.

DX

Post by DX » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:38 am

Big Bee has just given us a sneak peak at his 2005 Water Warriors line on IscF! Go check it out! I'm getting the Aqua Pak when it comes out.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

revengeofline

Post by revengeofline » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:54 am

Yeah... Some classics could be over powered by a Triple Aggressor, but my SS 50 could dominate anything below a hydroblade. :P

I personally like the Classic Series quite a bit. The SS 200 it actually quite powerful and sports a larger reservoir and pressure chamber than any of the SoakerTag line. It has a 2 liter reservoir, which is the same as a Triple Aggressor, and a .5 liter PC, not to mention multiple nozzles. The Triple Aggressor only has a 180mL PC, which is less than half the size of a SS 200's. As you said though, a Triple Aggressor could probably do okay against a Classic, but if I were having a war against people with SoakerTag guns, I'd grab my SS 50. B)
Big Bee has just given us a sneak peak at his 2005 Water Warriors line on IscF! Go check it out! I'm getting the Aqua Pak when it comes out.
Nice! Yeah, I think I'm going to buy an Aqua Pak too. Or maybe I'll get 2 Aqua Paks. One for me to use, and one to keep NIB in the closet for the next 5 years.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:05 am

I've still never seen a Water Warriors gun in stores. Where are/where they selling?
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:07 pm

Originally posted by Duxburian@Aug 27 2004, 09:38 PM
Sadly, that's the only thing I'm getting because everything else seems the same. In terms of modding the WW line is lacking. There is the spring mod proposed by me and tried by blaze, but now his Blazer is broken so I'm not sure it's a good idea.
I think it's time for a little pre-view of next year's line-up;

Gremlin--piston action addition to Wasp
Crossfire--piston action, rotating nozzles
5th dimension--4 piston action guns that can be assembled into a larger "5th unit"
Stinger--Air pressure addition to Hornet and Cricket addition of belt clip device
Black Widow-- Returns in new colors
Firefly & Yellow Jacket -- Return in new colors
Lightning & Piranha -- New Colors and added carry strap
Blazer-- Returns in new colors with longer strap, and bigger nozzles
Aqua-Pak-- 200oz capacity backpack canon

Aqua Master Pre-Charge System (TV advertised)
Argon- mechanical pressure gauge with pre-charge system
Xenon- electronic pressure gauge with pre-charge system
Krypton- electronic pressure gauge with pre-charge system

Pre-charge system is new system, press button on side of gun and pump (17-20 times until button pops out) and gun is pressurized until you release the pressure. Add water, pump 3 times for maximum pressure and blast. We think it is pretty cool system.
That's what Big Bee said at iScF. I think the Pre-charge system will only be pressurized reservoir, because that is the only way I could see it working.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:41 pm

Blaze's mod didn't really work because he was stupid, and tried some ultra strong springs. Maybe if you put strips of rubber over the diaphram as extra support before you do the spring mod? The water warriors at the time are basically really good back-up weapons.

Where are/where they selling?
BlueSoak.net

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:18 pm

Nice! Yeah, I think I'm going to buy an Aqua Pak too. Or maybe I'll get 2 Aqua Paks. One for me to use, and one to keep NIB in the closet for the next 5 years.
I just read this.... I think I'll do the same. If it's good then after WW dies out it probably will be like the 3000s and 3200s of our day.