Base changing

Private discussion about the Thunderwars Union. For members of the Union only.
StormGlorious

Base changing

Post by StormGlorious » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:57 pm

@Members of the Union

Lately there has been some talk of changing bases for a while. What do you guys think?
Personally I think that it would be awesome to be attacking from ground-base every once in a while.
However if we change bases, will the teams have to change a bit to counter the terrain advantage?
Tell me what you guys think.

Storm
Armoury:CPS 2500, CPS 1700, 2xCPS 2100, SC PowerPack,
Triple Agressor, HydraPack, Lightning, APH x3, Pneumatic Grenade Launcher, Triple Shot, Liquidator, Arctic Blast
'Wherever there' s a Dark Age, There are Dark Apostles'
Play Magic: the Gathering

Authundir

Re: Base changing

Post by Authundir » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:21 pm

it might be a good idea. and it should prove to my guys that the advantage of height isn't the only factor in play.
Ut permaneo campana sanus, Permissium obscurum perussi vestri animus. Totus palma ut Atrum Apostelus.

-Sic narro pugna doctrina.

StormGlorious

Post by StormGlorious » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:53 am

I think that the BD would win without any team changing anyway :p My new 210k should blow you guys out of the water :cool: :p :eek: :D

Storm
Triple Agressor, HydraPack, Lightning, APH x3, Pneumatic Grenade Launcher, Triple Shot, Liquidator, Arctic Blast

MarsGlorious

Post by MarsGlorious » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:54 am

Now don't get cocky. The higher the pride the further the fall. DA might just beat us if they learn to use the height properly. Plus, things could change before the beginning of the new season. The tech gap may just get smaller.
"Wherever there's a dark age, there are Dark Apostles." - Storm

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:02 pm

If you don't mind me breaking in here, I'd like to make a little suggestion and that is to switch bases every game or every few games to increase the variety. On the other hand, that's just the way me and my friends play.

cantab

Post by cantab » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:11 pm

The Capture The Flag games I play generally have two bases, and we switch each round. We also tend to mix up the teams about every 3 rounds. The 'base' in this case is just a tree with the flag leant against it.

The rarer urban games have various bases, including some deliberate hiding of the flag, e.g lying horizontally at the top of some stairs. That's not strictly allowed by the rules ;-)
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

StormGlorious

Post by StormGlorious » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:47 am

ThunderWars has very strict teams. Going into a team is rather joining a tribe etc. Naturally, friendly rivalries have been formed between the teams. Mixing the teams up is not really a possibilty. Keep the ideas coming they are all appreciated.

Storm