Battle Report: Alpha

Private discussion about the Thunderwars Union. For members of the Union only.
StormGlorious

Battle Report: Alpha

Post by StormGlorious » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:53 pm

Battle Report

Blood Dragons

Battle Alpha 1/5

Blood Dragons:
StormGlorious-CPS2100, Stormachronic Carbine
MarsGlorious-Vaporizer, Gremlin
Nico-ZX1000, Ghillie Suit
Lachie-CPS2100

Dark Apostles:
Authundir-CPS2100
Andy-FlashFlood
Ben-Helix, Storm Lightning force 1
Finn-Wasp
Dan-Wasp
Peter-Fire Fighting Device (FFD)

Time-1.30

The early action:

The game began with the Blood Dragons moving to take defensive positions at the base of the Blood Plateau. Linus, Acting as Storm trooper, managed to draw Ben and Andy out of the carport, allowing Felix to take shots at them. This caused some damage and forced them to withdraw.

Middle Action:

With the majority of the Dark Apostles now within the carport, Linus and Felix slowly began to push forward.
Meanwhile on the other flank Lachie and Nico were pinning the enemy to prevent Felix and Linus receiving a flank charge. This eventually caused the enemies to retreat back to the assumed safety of the carport.
First major tactical error. This foolish mistake allowed Lachie to charge in causing a pincer in the carport, the Dark Apostles were surrounded.
Back on the other side of the carport Felix and Linus were completely destroying the opposition.
Felix briefly popped out from behind cover and promptly shot Peter directly in the stomach, Saturation.

Late Action:

At this point it was make or break for the Dark Apostles. With no chances to refill, and being surrounded, they needed to escape. Unfortunately, they just didn’t really have any other option other than to run and hole up in the shed. However this just didn’t seem to stop the flow of casualties. Their leader Kieran was blasted… initially in the back by Lachie and then in the side by Felix.
Second major tactical error. They were now faced with being stormed in the garage with nothing but wasps to defend themselves with.
In the end they were talked into leaving the shed, only to be shot in the side of the head by Felix and Lachie respectively.

End result: Blood Dragons Major Victory.
Last edited by StormGlorious on Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Armoury:CPS 2500, CPS 1700, 2xCPS 2100, SC PowerPack,
Triple Agressor, HydraPack, Lightning, APH x3, Pneumatic Grenade Launcher, Triple Shot, Liquidator, Arctic Blast
'Wherever there' s a Dark Age, There are Dark Apostles'
Play Magic: the Gathering

Authundir

Re: Battle Report: Alpha

Post by Authundir » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:25 pm

hmmm... i dont remember that went quite like that, i think peter got nico with the ffd. but then again, i might be wrong.
Ut permaneo campana sanus, Permissium obscurum perussi vestri animus. Totus palma ut Atrum Apostelus.

-Sic narro pugna doctrina.

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:08 am

Sounds like fun. I do recommend putting in the forum usernames (MarsGlorious, StormGlorious, Authundir, etc.) for those who have them.

StormGlorious

Post by StormGlorious » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:51 am

Auth, That report was from my perspective so some bits may be inaccurate as I was actually somewhere else on the battlefield at the same time. Apoligies for any issues.

Storm
Triple Agressor, HydraPack, Lightning, APH x3, Pneumatic Grenade Launcher, Triple Shot, Liquidator, Arctic Blast

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:50 pm

Nice story. Who's Felix and Linus though? I assume it's either Storm, Mars, or Authundir but I don't know who's who.

Authundir

Post by Authundir » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:56 am

sorry storm, that was my fault, i was thinking of the next game whin I pwned nico in the absolute with the 2100.
Ut permaneo campana sanus, Permissium obscurum perussi vestri animus. Totus palma ut Atrum Apostelus.

-Sic narro pugna doctrina.

StormGlorious

Post by StormGlorious » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:44 am

I won't tell you the other peoples forum names, for privacy reasons. But I will tell you my own. StormGlorious's true identity is.......................... Felix

Cheers Storm