The ThunderWars Armoury

Private discussion about the Thunderwars Union. For members of the Union only.
Silence

Re: The ThunderWars Armoury

Post by Silence » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:32 pm

It would probably be easier to just replace the pressure relief valve entirely. McMaster-Carr does sell them (perhaps with variable pressure, too), so it's just a matter of determining the pressure you want.

MarsGlorious

Post by MarsGlorious » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:33 am

Yeah, that's brilliant.

Although I'd prefer to simply stiffen it. It's probably easier and you don't have to pay. Also, I don't think McMaster-Carr ship to Australia anyway. There is the odd chance you might even be able to build a simple one.
"Wherever there's a dark age, there are Dark Apostles." - Storm

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:09 pm

Hmm... thought I made a post here.

It'd be easiest to replace the entire pump assembly with new valves than to cut out the old valve and fit in a new one. Those valves are all custom and you'll probably have difficulty finding something of the same scale. If you replace the entire assembly by cutting the tubing at the appropriate spots you can even return the gun to the original configuration without any harm done.

CROC

Post by CROC » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:10 am

All that you would need to do would be put in a new spring, in place of the old one, no? It seems simple, but is probably hard in the doing of it. It probably is easier to do the disabling.

However, if you make WaterWolf's check valve, and use a strong enough spring, then you could potentially use it as a PRV, correct?
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back

StormGlorious

Post by StormGlorious » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:37 am

That is true, however I think that it would be hard to fit it into the specifically set-up system. At this stage, it is power mods for me.

Storm
Armoury:CPS 2500, CPS 1700, 2xCPS 2100, SC PowerPack,
Triple Agressor, HydraPack, Lightning, APH x3, Pneumatic Grenade Launcher, Triple Shot, Liquidator, Arctic Blast
'Wherever there' s a Dark Age, There are Dark Apostles'
Play Magic: the Gathering

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:13 am

CROC wrote:All that you would need to do would be put in a new spring, in place of the old one, no? It seems simple, but is probably hard in the doing of it. It probably is easier to do the disabling.

However, if you make WaterWolf's check valve, and use a strong enough spring, then you could potentially use it as a PRV, correct?
Yeah, in principle it's simple to change the set pressure but in practice it's hard. If the PRV had any sort of adjustment like a dial like a safety valve I have it would be easy but in this case it's not.

A modified check valve is how these work basically, so that'd work.