My Homemade Backpack Soaker

Homemade water gun threads that are notable.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:37 pm

I'm guessing that you should use more layers, I used 4 to collosus my Vaporizer, around 15 likely would be good. I haven't tested that though.

Xray, man, you're amazing, finally there is someone else who does what I do! Could you get a picture of this thing shooting, it looks great and I'd love to see it in action. Also, do you plan on making a case for the PC?

Xray

Post by Xray » Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:09 am

An educated guess told me it was hollow throughtout the nozzle. So I drilled a hole and PL-Premium'ed a nylon 1/2 threaded peice onto it. I could screw on a sperate filling device if I wanted, and it also makes the pressure guage removable incase the nozzle breaks, etc...

The one im using goes to 200 PSI.

Thanks for the complement aswell!

The key to layering is talcom, or, baby-powdering the two surfaces that will be rubbing against each other. grab the inside (or main CPS vessle) with some locking-pliers that have been wrapped with elastics to prevent puncturing... pull back on pliers while pushing forward on the new rubber section to be added - works flawlessly.

-blake

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:42 am

I'm making a CPS soaker. I bought tubing that is 1/4" but its too small. I need something like 1 inch. Unfortunately, my hardware store only has 1/4"
I guess ill take a look at medical supply. I think they use latex a bunch. I need some advice on what kind of pump to use on mine, and how to connect it (I Don't have any super soaker pumps laying around)
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

Xray

Post by Xray » Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:45 pm

Your going to have to make a pump, which (unfortunatly) requires a few check-valves. This is the case if you are making a CPS, if your making an air-pressure soaker you can use a bycicle pump, but a CPS requires a homemade pump that is made to use with water.

-blake

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:52 pm

The key to layering is talcom, or, baby-powdering the two surfaces that will be rubbing against each other. grab the inside (or main CPS vessle) with some locking-pliers that have been wrapped with elastics to prevent puncturing... pull back on pliers while pushing forward on the new rubber section to be added - works flawlessly.
And I was using vaseline... good idea, I'll try it.

Johnyshotgun

Awesome

Post by Johnyshotgun » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:38 pm

Awesome, good concept, hope it works well, be back later, 5k to run. See ya!
Raid,strike, and kill.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:24 pm

I've already told you, don't bother posting in topics that are old - this one is two years old. Xray and half the others in this thread have been inactive for ages and are extremely unlikely to read your posts. Sorry. :cool:

The date and time of each post are displayed in the left of the bar right above the post.

Burgo

Re: My Homemade Backpack Soaker

Post by Burgo » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:10 am

hey
this is my first post
do you have any plans made for it at all
awsome gun want 2 make one :) :) :) :D :D :D