6" water cannon :D

Homemade water gun threads that are notable.
SSCBen

Re: 6" water cannon :D

Post by SSCBen » Mon May 25, 2009 11:19 pm

Looks nice and probably pretty heavy.

I'd love to see some shot pictures or a video or two.

I'm looking forward to the auctions. Honestly, I would like someone to point all of the emails I get about buying homemade water guns to!

That $160 price seems pretty reasonable too. I guess when you get the parts in bulk it can bring the costs down a bit because I think if you built one it would cost more.

P.S. I edited your posts together. If you're making quick additions like that use the edit button. Thanks.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Thu May 28, 2009 10:42 pm

That looks like a double diameter super cannon II, how much output does it have?
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

adronl

Post by adronl » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:28 am

:D Well it is time to rebuild it Harder Better Faster Stronger and construction starts tonight and yes it really is going to be at least double the size of the SCII. In fact the origional SCII without the protruding pieces for air etc would fit in the new make of this 6"diameter cannon. :p With all disregard to mobility and sanity I am going to make sure it has an 8-10 gallon load and a few gallons of compressed air to power it. So yes it will be and LPD too!

Pictured below is a 4" coupling and bushing for a SCII inside of the old valve and nozzle end of the origional 6" cannon it had to be rebuilt due to piston warping, the piston was not solid enough.

Also I will make sure that I get Some HD video of this thing in action

More images coming
Last edited by Drenchenator on Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:03 am

How long do you think this gun will be? I'm interested because it seems you are going above and beyond to ensure its above and beyond the the size of what's been previously done.

Also, what range do you think you'll get?
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

adronl

Post by adronl » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:17 am

Test results coming soon :D

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:31 am

That is a long gun. And I did some calculations, and 8 to 10 gallons of water is about 66 to 84 pounds of water, and that's just the water; the gun weighs more on that. Are you going to shoot this thing with a team of people or are you going to try yourself?

Or here's a better question: Are you going to build a stand to shoot it? Ben and I built an air pressure spud gun 4 years ago that was about the same size as the water portion of your gun, but it also had a 10 foot long barrel. He used some plywood to build a stand that held it steady as various angles. Knowing this gun's weight, I recommend you build something similar if you think you can hold it easily.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:25 pm

Looks like an almost-LPD SuperCannon. I wonder if this will bear the name of SuperCannon III.

Drench, could you get pictures of such a stand? I'm interested in building one for the Douchenator. Then again, I might have trouble finding some of the pieces to be used.

adronl

Post by adronl » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:32 pm

I would only call it the SC3 if Ben so approved :D I mean he did coin the name and this is his site pretty much. I have not heard from him since I sent a PM asking about starting on the SC2 mk2. I figure he is busy working or something as soon as he gives me the word I am going to help out with the mk2 but I am limited to complying with parts of the design he wants incorporated. I completed 3 projects yesterday woohoo I did a lot of gluing and running around. I would be retarded from the fumes but I got a fan going right on me so I could keep a steady push with out having to clear the area.
Last edited by adronl on Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:30 am

Looks epic. I can't wait for some test results.

You can call it whatever you like. It sure looks worthy of Supercannon III.

adronl

Post by adronl » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:03 am

Well thank you very much if that is the case then that is it's handle from now on :D This thing is so big I need to build a mounting with wheels or 2 strong guys. It is breach loaded for now but it will not be long till I make a connection so you can fill it horizontally with a garden hose. This process pre-charges the guns to what ever PSI you have coming out from your water provider so part of the process is half done already.

cantab

Post by cantab » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:14 pm

Yeah, it's gonna need a mounting. The classic cannon-style thing should work well. Two bike wheels with an axle between, the gun mounted on the axle.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:28 pm

C-A_99 wrote:Drench, could you get pictures of such a stand? I'm interested in building one for the Douchenator. Then again, I might have trouble finding some of the pieces to be used.
The stand is gone so I can't take any pictures of it. It was simply a sheet of plywood with two big holes drilled into it: one for the chamber and the other for the barrel. Two legs pivoted off the plate and fixed into the ground to prevent the gun from rolling. After that, we just laid the end of the over-under gun on the ground, and it rest on the plate and the end of the gun. It looked a lot like this:

Again, this setup would be perfect for adronl's gun in this topic.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:57 pm

Hmm, pretty basic, but it works. I don't have drills that large though; I'd have to carve out holes for that. It also lacks the ability to pivot too much as well.

What I actually wanted to do was to have a supply cart (at least 8ft tall or so) that can hold the Douchenator as well as carry supplies. If an extra gun is available, it can also be quickly mounted on. However, I never had any clue on how I'd build one. It's usage would be similar to team fear's tank but would differ in that no one would completely depend on it. (Anyone operating the Douchenator could just let the whole thing go, switch to their guns, and help out at close range. The supply cart would then just sit there and wait for the team when they need a refill. However, it could also be salvaged by the enemy if it's not being guarded but it's not there to serve as a mini fortress nor tank, but merely as an assistance item.)

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:51 pm

Drilled was a typo; we don't have hole saws that large and I think Ben and I made a circular template and then cut it out with a scroll saw.

It was easy to pivot. All you had to do was adjust the legs and move the end back. That sounds stupidly simple, but it was what we did.

If you want a supply cart, try putting that setup on a large, thick plywood sheet and attaching wheels to it. It's a simple solution. But again, if everything's bolted down, it can't pivot.

adronl

Post by adronl » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:24 pm

my first job was carpentry/cabinetry etc so All I have to do is go to the shop and figure something out. I'm tempted to not even make a front stand but just a set of wheels on the back so you can drag it along by yourself hold on tight and fire :p

I am sure I could build a fully adjustable turret like setup with differing angles. I am not sure if I want to get that involved that would mean swivel casters and some fixed position casters that I just happen to have :) . We will see I plan on updating my furniture with all hardwood maybe I'll make the time while I do that.