6" water cannon :D

Homemade water gun threads that are notable.
cantab

Re: 6" water cannon :D

Post by cantab » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:35 pm

8 foot tall? That sounds rather large. Would such a thing be stable and manageable?
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

adronl

Post by adronl » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:00 pm

" With all disregard to mobility and sanity I am going to make sure it has an 8-10 gallon load and a few gallons of compressed air to power it." So yeah it is a bit unmanageable for now I have to build an assembly with wheels for the rear and maybe a stand for the front with wheels as well to rotate and change the angle like a real cannon.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:45 pm

I'm impressed. I think a more permanent mount would be useful though – on a boat, pillbox, or whatever you can think of. I'm waiting for that video. :)

If you sell this, what price would you be asking for? I suppose there are some people out there who could pay for it.

adronl

Post by adronl » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:35 am

Well it has been a while and I am about ready to built the turret for this massive beast. I have the rotating parts already with some 1/2" metal ball bearings. I just gotta grab some really large bolts and a 2x8 and maybe some other parts like some 2x4's. I will be out at the shop working on completing the turret! Hopefully shortly after construction is completed the HD video will come shortly after I already have a deal worked out with a friend. Last off the subject my hand cannon nears completion all that needs be done is gluing the final parts together and getting the trigger assembly together regardless I will post it as soon as it is functional with or without the trigger.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:00 pm

Please do post pictures of the turret, it would be an awesome base defense weapon.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:32 am

Sorry about bringing back an old thread, but I'm just wondering, what were the stats of this beast? Did it ever break the SCII record?
Captain of the Catskill Mountain S.E.A.L.s (Soaker Elite Assault Legion.)

adronl

Post by adronl » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:19 pm

Man been unemployed going back to school and dealing with other life stuff like chasing women and saving money so havent really been doing much of this stuff I may find time soon though i do gotta put up some tests or video just for your amusement.

just keep reminding me sorry

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:34 pm

Wow, I didn't think you were still around. Well, I'll be waiting! :)

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:49 am

just keep reminding me sorry
And that is the only purpose of this post. :p

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:53 am

It happens to everyone. I was suppose to launch some large updates to my website this year but as of now, it's still stuck with the 2009 logo. Trying to do everything at once was probably a bad idea... I also stopped building homemades mostly due to lack of interest and the fact that my CPH still doesn't work very well even after four years. Plus there's a poster contest over at iSoaker.net that I never even started working on... Oh well.

In either case, good luck with whatever it is you're busy with.