"Requiem", my first homemade... made from Copper!

Homemade water gun threads that are notable.
Drenchenator

Re: "Requiem", my first homemade... made from Copper!

Post by Drenchenator » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:57 pm

Whatever. I was just saying that if the slope of the cone was basically horizontal, there was no need for an extra horizontal section. This would only work when the change in diameter is small or at least small over a very large length. It isn't an optimal situation either. Most nozzles will get much smaller in a fairly short length, so you'll need the walls to straighten the flow out. Maybe I should've been clearer.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

Aurum

Post by Aurum » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:23 pm

Woah, It's been a Long time :P

I guess After 2 weeks of relaxing i didnt want to get back to work on my Water Gun right away..

Hard to believe it's been 9 months since I last worked on it... I suppose it didnt help that my Uncle said the pump broke (once again) whilst I was in Florida *sigh*

OK, seriously though, 9 Months on, I've finally decided to finish Requiem and Get that DAMN pump working. And I was Thinking... the Requiem is already pretty Bad-ass (Metal, High Capacities, etc), how would a Motorized Pump Sound?

(And now to sit and wait, to see if anyone will actually reply... silly me and my 9 months of inactivity ;) )
Armoury includes: Homemade Copper Gun, "Requiem" (boasts a very large water-carrying capacity, large pressure chamber, fitted pressure gauge, and as of 2nd Sept 2011, fully working home-made pump)
I seem to literally only log in once a year!

Killi101

Post by Killi101 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:29 pm

well i think your gun is epic, as a fellow copper APH builder.
Water:
dont like drinking much
like to throw it at people

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:30 pm

Please don't necro a year old thread, it only adds to confusion.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

Killi101

Post by Killi101 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:26 pm

oops im sorry
Water:
dont like drinking much

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:20 am

Not too big a deal, especially for a thread in this subforum ("notable homemades" are likely to receive attention for quite a while!).

However, the original poster (in this case Aurum) may no longer be active and may not see your post. :cool:

Aurum

Post by Aurum » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:24 pm

Hey, not an inactive as you may think ;)

I had an email come through to say I had some messages on this thread... and It's a huge coincidence I finished my gun the otherday too ;)

Yes... Yes, effectively 2 years in the making, but I got there in the end. I kept having issues with the pump, but I had another go with it the other day and now it all works fantastically.

I'll try to get some photo's up of, and maybe some Stats :P
Watch this space ;)
Armoury includes: Homemade Copper Gun, "Requiem" (boasts a very large water-carrying capacity, large pressure chamber, fitted pressure gauge, and as of 2nd Sept 2011, fully working home-made pump)

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:52 pm

One of my WBL's had also been in progress for a long time. I took a lot of breaks from the project and there were design problems to deal with.

Pumps are tricky and could take years to get a reliable pump working that'll last. Right now, my latest solution on pumps is to use epoxy putty to hold the O-rings together and it has been the only solution that works without leaking for me. However, I still suspect that it may not last long and will break down again but I'll see as time goes by.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:41 pm

O.o

Wow...I'm sorry, I just thought that it was an older thread. Good to see you back though, and it's always great to finish a homemade, be it one day or one year after it was started.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

Killi101

Post by Killi101 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:48 pm

well, if your here i might aswell say:
you could make the pump from copper pipe like i did, good if you got extra pipe heres how i did mine

http://forums.sscentral.org/t6149/

hope it helps if needed
Last edited by Killi101 on Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Water:
dont like drinking much

Aurum

Post by Aurum » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:39 pm

Rebuilding/continuing to build the damn thing yet again.
It's bigger, badder, sturdier, and now has a working pressure gauge.
Nozzle is merely a small drilled rubber bung (does the trick, the last plastic nozzle I tried was literally ripped from the end of the gun by the sheer pressure). It's out of shot but the big converted weed-killer-backpack-turned-water-tank is still going to be apart of the system.

Seems like this is becoming an annual thing for me XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYfgTvPxeJA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsQnA6OS-RY
( ^ These videos show Requiem upside down, leaking highly pressurized air back into the pump section, eventually blowing it back out and across my garage)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:44 pm

Looks nice! Glad to have some more of the older builders back and building!

That sound is really creepy.
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

Aurum

Post by Aurum » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:52 pm

atvan wrote:Looks nice! Glad to have some more of the older builders back and building!

That sound is really creepy.
I can't guarantee that I'll be active (just look at my track record!), but I'll get some Copper-Home-Build stuff up on the site, as I've pretty much figured out all the major kinks that were plaguing my gun :)

I.E. Best way to fit a bottle for the PC onto copper, really simple and straightforward pump design (that doesnt leak! at all!), updated design diagram, etc. Also some better photos of my gun. Just painted it though ready for a friend's anniversary/steam-punk themed party.
All that copper and brass seemed too perfect for the event XD

Will post info soon, might make a new thread of it, as this ones a bit big, old, and messy, therefore probably a little confusing.

EDIT:
Oh, and my friend wants to record that depressurising sound with a high-end mic for a project he's working on, win-win XD

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:17 pm

Horror movie?
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog