Homemade using 2-liter bottles

Homemade water gun threads that are notable.
aEx155

Re: Homemade using 2-liter bottles

Post by aEx155 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:00 am

soakernerd wrote:It is basically an APH, but using water bottles as the PCs.
Actually, no it's not. It is more similar to a pressurized-reservoir gun, considering it doesn't have a pump or water reservoir. I'll take it from here.

Yukon wrote:Can you give us instructions on how to build one? Or where to find the instructions? I'd like to make this.
Welcome to SSCentral, Yukon!

For a simple concept, there is a fairly complex build process for this gun. That comes from the fact that you have to make the connection from the bottle to PVC, and it isn't very easy. If you've read through the entire thread, you can figure out the stages of development this gun went through. Since I never made actual steps, I'll try my best.

The gun is made of three parts: the bottles (PCs), the bottle manifold, and the actual water-firing portion.

Like I said before, the bottles are the most complex portion. What I did was: I took a file and removed a majority of the threads from the bottle. Then, I screwed it into a garden hose adapter, which then goes to the bottle manifold. You'll need to do this for each bottle you want to use.

The bottle manifold is made from PVC; it's basically a straight pipe with tees to branch off to the bit is very similar to the portion of an APH where the PCs attach, so you can look there and at my pictures to see what you have to do. One end of the manifold connects to the trigger via a short piece of hose (I used garden hose). The other end gets a garden hose adapter, and I used quick-disconnect fittings to attach various things to it.

The last portion is the trigger. For simplicity I just went with a normal garden hose gun, since it went with the hose I used. If you really wanted to I guess you could make something out of PVC.

- - - - - - - - - -

When I explain things I tend to over-complicate, so feel free to ask questions.

Hope that helps,
aEx155