Supercannon II complete

Homemade water gun threads that are notable.
swirlycurly

Re: Supercannon II complete

Post by swirlycurly » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:22 pm

i made a supercannon II. Except mine is smaller with 3 inch pvc and only 3 feet of it. The rest is very similar though. Also, i did not put enough glue on the joint to the 3 inch pvc from the side you pressurize it so when i got up to 100 psi the end shot off life i rocket. But more importantly it ripped the hose out of my air compressor. I am mainly planning to shoot the lifeguard at my pool with it because he always complains about how i shoot him with little water guns.

cantab

Post by cantab » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:29 pm

Oh dear...
I would suggest you make sure it's NOT going to shoot parts off before you aim it at anyone.
Also you probably shouldn't use it at close range anyway, it could cause an injury. I'm not sure what a 'safe' distance might be, but if you're having to angle the gun significantly to get the range, then it's probably safe.
If you're looking to shoot people at a pool, SCII's probably overkill unless it's an olympic size one. What bits do you have left over (I'm guessing pipe at least)? I'd suggest trying to make them into an APH or similar, that would be more suitable.
Also, if you intend on firing pool water, I'd try and find out about the compatibility of all the parts with it. Not everything is designed for such.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

swirlycurly

Post by swirlycurly » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:12 pm

oh, i am just planning on blasting him then running because he will kick me out. 1 shot 1 kill is the strategy.

cantab

Post by cantab » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:32 pm

I assume you realise you'll probably get b&.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

swirlycurly

Post by swirlycurly » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:44 pm

he would just kick me out for the day.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:40 pm

And what if the nozzle shoots off? Or what if it's just so powerful that he gets bruised or injured anyway? Then you'll have a much bigger problem on your hands.

Ben never uses water cannons in water wars. Neither should you. Build an air pressure homemade if you just want to soak somebody.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:45 am

Hey swirlycurly, would you mind posting some pictures of your Supercannon? I've never seen another completed one so I'm interested in your version.

swirlycurly

Post by swirlycurly » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:16 pm

yeah sure. First ill have to figure out how to post pictures. I fired it for the first time with no nozzle and the kick back slammed the gun into my chest and it hurt a little and cut me.

swirlycurly

Post by swirlycurly » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:27 pm

It is essentially the same thing i used about three feet or 3 inch pvc for the PC and i didnt use a check valve because i felt it wasnt necessary. I just got a different sized piston on Mcmaster-Carr.
Attachments
DSC01109.JPG
DSC01110.JPG
DSC01108.JPG

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:15 pm

Wow, that looks like a powerful but compact remake. What type of fire hose nozzle is that - 1.5" threads and 0.5" aperture? It looks solidly attached so I'm not sure where it shot off.

At any rate, I'm sure you got a lot of output with that nozzle and near 100 PSI. From what I remember Ben never took Supercannon II that high.

Specter

Post by Specter » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:31 pm

Silence wrote:What type of fire hose nozzle is that - 1.5" threads and 0.5" aperture? It looks solidly attached so I'm not sure where it shot off.
he didn't say the nozzle shot off...
swirlycurly wrote:i did not put enough glue on the joint to the 3 inch pvc from the side you pressurize it so when i got up to 100 psi the end shot off life i rocket.
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

swirlycurly

Post by swirlycurly » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:43 am

it is the same nozzle as ben. I have been wary to pump it up to 100 psi since last time i did the back of the gun shot off. (it also ripped the pump attachment thing off my air compressor so i dont really want to pump it up by hand). I have to find a better schrader valve because i hammered in one and glued it but the glue is cracking and it is leaking.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:51 am

That's why I use threaded schrader valves and air couplers. They're much easier to install and more reliable than other types. The rubber seal ones Specter mentioned in another thread are good too but they're not likely to handle high pressure as well as the threaded valves.

Check out this picture to see how I attached a schrader valve to a water gun I recently built: http://forums.sscentral.org/attachments ... 1217732146

It's basically a threaded schrader valve, a 1/4 inch female to 1/2 inch male threaded bushing, and teflon tape.

Specter

Post by Specter » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:41 am

The rubber seal ones Specter mentioned in another thread are good too but they're not likely to handle high pressure as well as the threaded valves.
They are made of stainless steel for car rims. Package says maximum recommended pressure is 150psi
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

swirlycurly

Post by swirlycurly » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:22 pm

did you get that valve off of mcmaster-carr?