PVC and the UK - Metal soakers

Homemade water gun threads that are notable.
joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:24 pm

Clear tanks are an easy pressure gauge.

The 22mm principle was discovered by accident with 18mm bore PVC pipe which incidentally has an identical ID to 22mm copper.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:40 pm

NOTE: The following thread refers to discussion that occured much earlier in this thread, and not to the current one. It also deals with topics more suitable for PVC than for brass tubing.

I found that McMaster-Carr carries compression tube fittings (there isn't a single URL for me to supply, but I could get the ID of a random product if necessary) in four different types of plastic. Three of the plastics can carry decent pressure, but the first two listed are the ones that are really appropriate and actually quite suitable for the purpose. They come for various fittings (tees, etc.), so with the right combination, even people who don't want to use PVC primer and cement can build a homemade.