Compact APH design

Homemade water gun threads that are notable.
m15399

Post by m15399 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:39 pm

Your drawing's spaces have been parsed... or maybe I'm just stupid and can't tell what it is.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:08 pm

Yeah, m15399, you're right. I've gotten too lazy (or is it cool) to use Paint to draw simple diagrams, and this one must have been parsed (please tell me what parsed means). Believe it or not, it actually looked decent in the reply editor, and I didn't bother to check it after I had submitted my reply. I'll try editing the post and fixing the diagram in the mode you get after you press "Switch Editor Mode." Maybe it'll work after that.

EDIT: I tried editing the other post in the other mode, and I did see that it looked messed up in that mode, but even after I fixed the diagram and saved the changes, everything got messed up. Hey, what does "automatically parse links in text do?" It's under "Additional Options." Hmmm... If I can't fix this, I'll just do this in Paint.

EDIT: Nothing works, so I guess I'll just have to use Paint :( .

EDIT: Okay, I drew the diagram in Paint, uploaded it to Photobucket, created the link, and now it works :) .
Last edited by Silence on Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:55 pm

Parsed means that the extra spaces were taken out. Most internet browsers do that.
Duxburian just said that he was no longer going to use that design. I'll draw the inverted T for you if you're still confused about it.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:46 pm

Wait-that's actually not mine at all. Inverted means flipped upside down, so the T is upside down, meaning there is no draining of water to the bottom because the pc makes up the bottom!:

Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:30 pm

@ m15399: Thanks for the definition of parsed. I probably could have looked it up, but I was feeling too lazy (I even have a Firefox extension that lets you double click on any word, and then a small box pops up next to your cursor with the definition of that word :rolleyes: ...it's called "Dictionary Tooltip," and if you don't have Firefox, get it now).

@ Duxburian: I guess my understanding was seriously incorrect...oops :rolleyes: . I remember that you posted that picture somewhere, but I never made that connection in my head. I do know that I liked this design :cool: . I guess the PC doesn't need to be as large as the one I illustrated, and yours has even better linear flow than normal, with the curved tee...but won't it still have some water trapped in the bottom of the tee? By the way, unless you wanted a stock or you despise backpacks, you could add a tee and a valve of some sort with only one 90-degree curve at the butt to allow for both an on-gun reservoir and an optional backpack. This might even serve as a Quick Fill Device (QFD) :D for easier (but incomplete) pressurization.

@ Ben, or another competent DIYer: Can you go over the backpack mod again? I'm not sure if this is the right thread or not, but the backpack article claims a few flaws and backpacks are used in a ton of homemades. All I need is a link to another article (I couldn't find any good ones), or I can just start another one--but there's no need for that yet :) .