Air powered homemade - 125 psi of water goodness!

Homemade water gun threads that are notable.
dekard

Air powered homemade - 125 psi of water goodness!

Post by dekard » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:45 pm

working on a new GUN.. I'll fill you all in as I go. I'm going completely homemade, using two 4" x 16" pvc tubes. Capped, they are rated for 230 psi. One is filled with compressed air, at 125 psi from a compressor, the other plain water. Capacity is 1 gallon, and I hold enough air for 2 gallons of shooting. I've got a pressure regulator coming outta the air tank into the water tank delivering a constant 40 PSI of water..

Photos to follow!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:49 pm

So this is a one shot type thing? Sounds pretty good though, especially if it has a good shot time. Does it work yet?

ben@sscentral.org / Please read this before emailing or PMing me

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.

dekard

Post by dekard » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:51 pm

Works great, not a one shot tho.. I've got a trigger attatched the output hose.. I've got a 45 seconds shot time. Ya, it works but I need to modify the nozzle, since I'm not getting anything awesome yet.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:52 pm

How's it's range? If it's not too good, make the nozzle size smaller. I've noticed that one that is about 2X-3X gets the best range on my homemades.

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.

dekard

Post by dekard » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:03 pm

Right now I'm getting about 30 foot... For a nozzle I've only got a 8\32 hole I drilled into the business end. I can't wait to show you all pictures, this is one high tech looking weapon. I'm working on a permanent trigger now, I'm going totally retro with it.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:21 am

Try a smaller nozzle and see if the range goes up. I would love to see this thing in action.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:16 am

I am not skilled at such arts.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:17 pm

Many people are not. That's why when I make homemades I try to make them as simple as possible so that everyone can make them.