Water cannon/launcher NON AIR

Threads related to water balloon launchers.
vector1

Water cannon/launcher NON AIR

Post by vector1 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:28 am

Hello every one reading

Im looking to make a non-air powered cannon,not to be overly powerful,just to lob the WB,I'm thinking to use a tube construction and surgical tubing/springs as the power source,im just looking for some ideas to improve on my own set up,im looking to try and make somthin like the "WaterMortar"

(http://www.otherlandtoys.co.uk/water-mortar-p-2181.html)

any idea's would help

thanx again

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:38 pm

The idea of a smaller, spring-powered water balloon launcher has been around for a while. This topic from 2005 discusses building one, though I doubt anyone did. The main probably is the range. A conventional launcher could easy go 300 feet but I doubt a spring-powered one would go 50. In fact, the "Water Mortar" brags 8 meters, which is about 26 feet. I could throw it that far.

The main body of the launcher should be 3" pressure-rated PVC. The trigger mechanism should be based off one of several at NerfHaven, though I don't think the clothes-pin trigger is sturdy enough for this application. A single large spring should power it to remove complications.

In the end though, I just don't think it is worth building; I can easily throw a water balloon 30 feet no problem. A launcher would just complicate things.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.