Semi- or Full-Automatic Water Balloon Launcher

Threads related to water balloon launchers.
Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:53 am

Okay...I see now. However, you would still be able to do semi-auto with the same pressures, and you could put multiple balloons into a long sabot (or for 3", into a Pringles can) for burst fire. Thanks for the figures.

What if the barrel was much smaller than usual--say, 1" and thus with 1/9 the usual area? Would the output be lower than normal anyway?

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:25 am

That high performance figure is for a 3/4" barrel launcher that my twin is designing with dual QEVs for a valve (exhuasted by a smaller QEV)

Flow is typically based on the valves, not the barrel diameter. If the barrel was really narrow, then perhaps, but with a 1" sprinkler valve, you'd need to get much smaller than 1" for the barrel to be the issue.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston