WBL's and?

Threads related to water balloon launchers.
NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:48 am

Okay, it's been a while, but I think everyone knows the story about the first time I shot the douchenator. I loaded it with a tennis ball, and it flew no where. We figured there was too much space in between the barrel and the tennis ball. So what we did was we found an orange and shoved it down the barrel. I fired it, not expecting anything, and the thing flew across the street and hit an old ladies house so we ran like Hasbro HQ. I was checking out aqua labs, because I have never read the entire article for their WBL and was surprised to find this:
My first initial success with this design came in the summer of 2000 with the creation of launcher number one, a huge, 4 feet tall, 1 ½ feet wide, 40 pound gun with a 3 inch barrel. Since I was never able to shoot a non-breaking water balloon out of it, I tried an orange. Me and a couple friends took the monster outside and loaded the gun with the orange. We charged the pressure chamber with my dad’s air compressor...aimed the gun up...and fired.
Seems WBL's and oranges have an odd history. :Hey, that's funny.: :rolleyes:

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci