Another Water Balloon Launcher...

Threads related to water balloon launchers.
wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:30 pm

Ever since the destruction of my original AWWBL 1, I have been waiting to build another noe. Well, I finally got around to lowes, and was able to pick up the parts for the AWWBL 2. It has a slightly smaller pressure chamber, and a shorter barrel (though not by much). It also has, as a new design, a secondary handle on the side of the gun, which allows be to shoot water out of the cannon without risk of breakage through kickback. It is the ultimate water gun! Slow reload time, but once it's pressurized it has the force to shoot about a quarter barrel full of water out of a 3inch opening over 50 feet. Initial tests are fairly nice, and will make a nice addition to our combat arsenal. Reload time is about 30 to 45 seconds, though if I got fast, I can get up to 80 PSI (my minimal operational pressure level) in about 10-15 seconds. I usually use it at about 110-140 PSI, to get a range of about 150-170 feet. If I use good wadding (the best being folded, slightly damp corrugated cardboard), and lubricate the varrel, I can get about 170 to 200 feet of range. Not the bad, considering I'm using a plastic ball valve. A good solenoid valve will up it about 40 to 50 feet, and If I attach a steel bar to the valve handle (to give me more leverage), I can get maybe 10 to 20 feet more.

Soak On
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:41 pm

Sounds nice. What's the range with just water loaded in it, no balloon?
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:35 pm

Anywhere from 10 feet to 50 feet depending on the amount of water. It is a real riot blast. At the extent of a "water" shot the diameter of the soaking coverage is about 20 feet. You can't dodge it! :D
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!