Converters

Threads related to water balloon launchers.
Bullet Blast

Converters

Post by Bullet Blast » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:14 am

I live in the eastern part of the country and its usually hot in the summer (great soaking) and gets cold in the winter where it snows often in the winter months. I've always wanted to have water wars in months like now but the weather is a factor. I was thinking of several ways how to make/"convert" a snowball gun/launcher. Could a conversion be made from an average soaker (or modified one) to a snow soaker, which in turn would shoot snow or snow balls? If I did do a conversion I was thinking of making the snowballs quite small such as a circumference of 1-2 inches. Since a new construction of a gun might be a little might be a little $ I thought of making a 2 in 1 gun kind of adding and switching parts. One problem I thought of was, if all parts are to be totally interchangeable "Cementing" might be a problem and the containing of air pressure. I'll post more about the idea of it later, after hoping to receive some replies with advice or thoughts.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:57 am

Welcome to SSCentral. Be sure to read and follow all the board rules.

Regarding your query, I'd be doubtful of the ability to modify a soaker into a snowball-launcher. I'd consider a air-powered Water Balloon Launcher to be more the sort of the thing you're looking for. Nibordude has a simple yet successful design for one, maybe he'll post his results with snowballs.

Enjoy your posting at SSCentral. B)
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:11 pm

My launcher is pretty much the same as Nibordudes. I got about 70 feet of range with a snowball at about 40 PSI.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:32 pm

DOUCHE! :P

Actually, something I've been thinking about ever since I got into soakers is building a homemade then attaching a water balloon/snowball launcher to the bottom, similar to the M16/M203 combination used in the army.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:32 am

Regarding snow balls and my WBL, all I know is that if the snow ball has a good enough seal around the edges, it should fly a considerable distance. But that might mean compacting it to ice, which if it were to hit someone, would be extrememly dangerous.

Doüche Out! B)

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci