Water Balloon topic

Threads related to water balloon launchers.
War Admiral

Post by War Admiral » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:03 pm

Originally posted by superstormer@Nov 27 2004, 09:54 PM
Tupperware. Or let the fat kid carry 'em. :P Just kidding.
[snapback]19519[/snapback]

Its sad but that cracks me up. :P
It is the old who declare war but it is the youth who die for it.
-Herbert Hoover

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:57 pm

I use my two front teeth to make holes so they pop easy. If you throw them hard they pop in mid air, making a riot blast tipe thing. :)
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

vaporizer28

Post by vaporizer28 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:40 pm

I use this one clip on Mega-Blocks box. It carries 2 balloons and I can clip it on my belt and run at full speed, without any of them popping.

Also, I found some camouflage balloons at this one grocery store on the way to my grandparents' house. They rock.

^This was made by Superstormer. What, do you think it got here on its own?

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:49 pm

I am in the process of making a water balloon carrier. Really all it's made of is a fairly long peice of 2" PVC pipe, a 2" rounded cap, a 2" female threaded cap, and a 2" socket to Male thread adapter.
I don't check this forum anymore.

vaporizer28

Post by vaporizer28 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:29 pm

"I am in the process of making a water balloon carrier. Really all it's made of is a fairly long peice of 2" PVC pipe, a 2" rounded cap, a 2" female threaded cap, and a 2" socket to Male thread adapter. "

That sounds like a good idea. I want to see what it looks like when it's finished. I'm the only one on my street who carries balloons,(only two of 'em though) but I always have an advantage. If I get more balloons, I'd be unstoppable. Yippe!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:57 pm

The idea also came up on SM forums. It's a good idea. One thing you need to remember is the size. You don't want to carry around large pieces of PVC filled with balloons and then get attacked. I might do something like that, but for now I use tennis cans. ;)

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

BlackSilence

Post by BlackSilence » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:49 pm

Does anyone have plans for a compact but powerful WBL
<span style='font-family:Impact'><span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>************************BLACKSILENCE***********************

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:38 pm

Originally posted by BlackSilence@Jan 28 2005, 06:49 PM
Does anyone have plans for a compact but powerful WBL
[snapback]21675[/snapback]

Check out this thread. You can also find the design on Soaker Media.
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:44 pm

Yeah. If you construct it well like mine, you can get 200+ foot ranges.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

vaporizer28

Post by vaporizer28 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:53 pm

Originally posted by wetmonkey442@Jan 28 2005, 05:44 PM
Yeah. If you construct it well like mine, you can get 200+ foot ranges.
[snapback]21682[/snapback]

Dude, that range is HUGE. Well, the best range I can get on a modded SS gun is 40 feet. Repeat, MODDED. :(

Well, then again, I ain't a pro modder. -_-

EDIT: That's on a Supersoaker. I don't know if my Spider-Man soaker is an official supersoaker. It's range surpasses 40 feet by a few feet. Xps mod on m3h XP 270 got me that range. It's a freak!

IntaMaarten

Post by IntaMaarten » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:50 am

hey I have a cool idea... with everyone making water balloon carriers and launchers... why doesn't someone build (with our help if neccesary) a kind of sniping thing where one puts in a magazine of filled water balloons and launches them with a compressed air tank on his back? like... crank in next-fire-crank-fire...home to recompress (or pump) like some heavy rocket launcher dude... would be good for base assault or defense... a whole WALL of high velocity water balloons :P

I am thinking of constructing one anyway... I'll show it if its done and it works :P

HappyDappy

Post by HappyDappy » Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:43 am

Hey, my friend and I were building the Aquatech 3.2 plans for the WBL.

We are using an anti-siphon solenoid valve, rather than a ball valve, for the project.

At this moment, I was wondering if anyone knew anything about how to wire the solenoid circuit. Could you please explain it to me?

Thanks.

(maybe this doesn't quite go in this thread but wtever ;) )

blaze

Post by blaze » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:10 am

Well happy I have built that design and I can say it's great, but really, you Don't need electricity. Just attatch the little handle thing that comes with the valve onto the solenoid, and when you want to shoot, turn it a quarter turn, as it says in the directions. This is not the small manual bleed valve, that is different. Don't use the manual bleed valve because it will damage it. Just turn the solenoid a quarter when you want to shoot it, and it will work fine. This is actually reccomended by AquaLabs. Personally, the electric way did not even work for me, though I have hooked it up correctly. If you want to though, the site tells how to on the bottom of the page where it tells you how to make the launcher. Beware though, if yours is like mine, the valve will be VERY noisy, and will scare everyone in the neighborhood. If I was you I would just use a ball valve, they are much quieter.

Water balloons are absolutely the most important part of a fight. Whether you're using a catapult, a surgical tube launcher, an air pressure launcher, or throwing, they are definately important. Think of it this way. If you fill a water balloon with a cup of water, a good thrower can probably hit his target from 60 feet if they're moving around a bunch. And a cup is a good amount of water. A lot of the time you put more than a cup in.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:01 pm

Old topic, but it's pinned.

I've been looking at a highly compact and powerful water balloon laucher, with rapid reload capability.

It will:
- use combustion of some sort to fire the balloon. I haven't worked out what type yet, but I seriously doubt it will be hair spray.
- have "shells" to be quick to load
- have a range of different shells to select from*
- be loosely based on the grenade launcher from Terminator 2 - M79 I believe (however it will not be identical, and will be painted in garish colours)

*I'm planning to have the following shells:
- APLVG: anti personel low velocity grenade (for firing at shorter ranges - less firing charge to prevent injury)
- APHVG: anti personel high velocity grenade (higher range)
- ^DBHWG: Defense Buster High weight grenade (heavier balloon and more charge for knocking down light defenses)
- ^HDBHW: Heavy defense buster High weight grenade (for really immovable defenses like dustbins)

^Not to be fired intentionally at humans. The light defense buster will be intended to be fired near people, and thus will take into consideration the risk of hitting them

These will be fitted into a rack of seven, with two each of all of them except the heaviest defense buster (of which there will be one)

I will not be making this for months, if at all. It will be used with extreme care, more so than other launchers.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:07 pm

Why combustion? Sorry if this is being blunt but combustion is the worst type of cannon you can use. I'm not talking about safety here. I'm talking about power. A combustion generates 35 PSI max. Whereas with a penumatic, you can get over 100 PSI. Also, make sure you get the correct C/B ratio for your cannon. If you're making a combustion I've heard that .8/:1 is a good ratio whereas if you have a pneumatic usually a 2:1 ratio is ideal.

Good Luck.