Very easy WBL

Threads related to water balloon launchers.
NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:27 pm

Hey you cheep modders out there! I recently made a WBL. Took about 20 minutes combined time to make. Here's a drawing of it.

It has a name also, but I don't know if its approprite to post. So I'm not going to post it. :P

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:33 pm

What is the range? That looks like a simple design, I like it. :)

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:39 pm

Uh, thats the only problem. We can't find a bike pump to pressurize it. My dad has something that can do it, but I don't want him to know I made it. :P

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:46 pm

Oh, well that sucks. If all else fails, time to pull out the ole trusty marksman slingshot. :P

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:57 am

What I would like to know is whether that ball valve releases the pressurised air fast enough for the job. <_<
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:12 am

There is no way that will get any range. It would need a 2" barrel to acomplish good range. As it is, it would perform about as good as my offensive WBL only yours is bigger, but can shoot bigger balloons. You will need an air compressor to get it up to the pressure you need. The PC size is the key. You should have learned from my mistakes with the offensive WBL. And high PSI is no replacment for PC volume. (mine cost $20)
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:50 pm

I got a metal ball valve. The release is quick and its not stiff at all. It's very simple. Also, I'm in the process of making an extention to the front so smaller balloons fit in it.

War Admiral

Post by War Admiral » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:05 am

I really want to see if this works.I really want to make one.If it did work I would be king and every one would beg for mercy:Hey, that's funny.:
It is the old who declare war but it is the youth who die for it.
-Herbert Hoover

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:20 pm

Holy XPBackfire-esque it works! We tested a tennis ball first. Nothing happened. Went like 2 feet. Then we got an orange because it fit better in the barrel. Then my friend had a great idea! lets go out in the street and shoot it to see it splatter. Of course we under estimated how far it would shoot and it went all the way across the street and hit this ladies house. She came out and we RAN LIKE Hasbro HQ. We estimate the orange went 80 feet high and maybe a little over 100 feet far. Pretty good if you ask me. We're going to wait a bit before we test a water balloon. I think the whole neighborhood was wondering what that loud thud was.

Edit: When walking by the house that I hit, we realized that it was much farther than previously thought. The orange went closer to 130 or 140 feet. The angle I shot it at was about 60 or 70 degrees.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:32 pm

Is the WBL compact in design? Is it cheap like you said? And I assume you got the pump.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:02 am

I have a picture up top. It's very compact. Yes, it's pretty cheap. total cost was about 36 dollars I believe.

EDIT: here's a pic of the WBL. Paint Job isn't done.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:57 pm

Nice name - "Douchinator"." Now where is that long u?

When this is finished I think you should plaster it all over your SoakerMedia site. It would be easier to write an article on it if you just recently made it.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:26 pm

Funny story behind that name. Our friend Court, who is a moron, yells Doüch! everytimes something falls or someone gets hit by something (anything that happens where a loud sound happens). So we figured he would be yelling doüch quite often with this WBL so thats how the name occurred.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:52 am

:Hey, that's funny.: Sounds like a nice friend you have... Anyway, if you need to fit in smaller loads just use a form of wadding. Toilet paper and tissues work well, but you can also use an appropriately-sized styrofoam cup.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:45 am

Did you know that "douche" is French for shower?
Somewhat applicable... :Hey, that's funny.:
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.